Logo

15HP Sea King

D

David Owens

"I have a Sea King 15HP that m

"I have a Sea King 15HP that my father bought new in the mid 80's. Model number is VWB 52122, serial number is 58X 17XX. Is this a 1984 model?He sold it, and now I have re-aquired it. I am needing to know the correct fuel mix. Dad has forgotten, and the person who had it has said both 32:1, and 50:1. It runs alright with the heavier 32:1 mixture but I want to make sure that I take care of this fine little motor. What plug gap is correct? and Also, it has a emblem on the cover that says U.S. Marine. I understand that U.S. Marine was bought out by Force, who in turn were bought out by Mercury is this true? And where is a good source for future parts? I found some carburator partd from a local small engine repair center. [email protected]"

Ive got an 8 hp Sea King in t

Ive got an 8 hp Sea King in the same year range as your 15 and I use 50:1 and it runs great. Hope this helps.

Josh

" David, i have a 1983 15 hors

" David, i have a 1983 15 horse seaking, my mix by the manual is 50:1. . the plug gap is .030. champion L82 plug or equivelant. jeff "

I just bought this motor from a guy and it runs really well but after I got it home, I’m having a hard time removing the cover.
It looks like it has a flap on the front but that is not doing anything and I’m afraid I’m gonna break it off

Back