Logo

150 evinrude, update!

Chinatown317

Contributing Member
I am still reaching my rev limiter at about 45 mph, 26 pitch prop annnnd i still have a lot of throttle left.
Any ideas on how to get more speed, 55ish mph?

What are your actual RPM's? With RPM's and speed, we can determine if you're getting prop slip, which it appears you might be.

What are your actual RPM's? With RPM's and speed, we can determine if you're getting prop slip, which it appears you might be.
With this 26 pitch prop, i gained about 4-5 mph.
New prop, 5300-5500 rpm, 45-47 mph
If i go much higher in rpms, i am assuming i hit the rev limiter

If you are convinced it is the stator , then spend more beer tokens on parts.----Testing , trouble shooting is a forgotten art I think.

If you are convinced it is the stator , then spend more beer tokens on parts.----Testing , trouble shooting is a forgotten art I think.
I dont know! I am learning all this as i go, hence the reason i am here asking the knowledgable! It is losing power on top end..... all the fuel system has been touched? Not sure if it is loss of spark or what.

So, any help is appreciated!

If you think it's ignition related then follow the OIS2000 troubleshooting guide. AS Faztbullet said, also have someone pump the primer bulb when it starts happening. If the fuel pump as a weak diaphragm or if you have a restriction in the fuel system this should overcome the delivery problem and you'll get full power.

https://www.go2marine.com/Product-Guides/MFR/CDI/johnson-evinrude-1991-2006.pdf
Helper and timing light acquired! Taking boat to water in a min! Will update w new findings!

New data from the run today!
Idled motor, spark on all 6 cylinders
Ran boat in water w/ my son squeezing the primer bulb at "stubborn" point, no change. Still lost power.
Hooked timing light up to each of the 6 cylinders and all acted/showed the same.
Boat got to 5300 rpm, 40ish mph, and wouldnt go anymore, still w about 1/4 throttle left.
TIming light was consistent on all cylinders......

Note to self, raise the trolling motor before testing! 😏

Maybe this helps........

Back