Logo

131A alternator replacementDelco

film842

Contributing Member
"Looking for anyone who has re

"Looking for anyone who has replaced their original alternator with a Delco 1 wire. I know that it's been done but my problem is finding the right model Delco.

I've researched the internet and eBay in particular and there are a bunch of Delco's available, but I can't one that says it fits the AQ131A.

Worst case scenario is to take my existing alternator to a shop and see if they can help me identify what I need.

But if there's anybody out there....?"

"found one last week out of an

"found one last week out of an 80's caddy, not sure what model but advance auto cross referenced the number for me on it and they had them in stock for about $85.00 it was a value craft and the number was 1351-1-3just tell them to cross reference that number and thats the one you need.also found out that the 1986 volvo 760 wagon had the same engine as the aq131, saves lots of money on parts being able to buy them at autozone or advance."

"Thanks for the info...I'l

"Thanks for the info...I'll follow that up. Only problem is that I need a marine alternator which that one may not be, but I'll find out."

"[b]Delco 10si Marine....[/b]

"Delco 10si Marine.... Same as the auto version, but "screened" in the correct areas.
Can be a three wire also.
Watch the bore diameter for the pivot/mounting bolt.
Good bang for the buck."

I ended up calling spidermarin

I ended up calling spidermarine.com at someones' suggestion and they found a Delco 3 wire at $99 which they say will fit.

So fingers crossed. Hopefully it will be close enough. Thanks for everybody's input.

"When I changed my Paris Rhone

"When I changed my Paris Rhone alternator with a Delco, I believe the only thing I had to do was enlarge the pivot bolt hole and modify the support bracket. It was a real easy job.

Have a great day

Rob."

Back