Logo

130hp Starter Bolts Keep breaking... Why????

the bracket is connected to the block and one of the bolts on the front of the starter. Do you think rust buildup on the flywheel could cause this?

does the flywheel look beat up ? if so replace starter and with the spark plugs removed rotate engine by hand and file down the damaged teeth.

Write or call DB electrical explain the problem to him maybe he will send you good bolts and give his best advice. I went thru the same chit and my buddies all did with 3.0 motors.

We all got alftermarket from DB but we never made a front bracket. The oem front bracket did not fit the smaller starter.

So we fabricated longer ones, you sure that the front bracket is tight and not over sized.

We never had a problem after the new brackets went on. Some aftermarket ones are not true on the mating surface, thusly they vibrate, then the bolt comes loose and snaps.

Maybe you need a slightly shorter bolt, won't hurt anything if you took off a 1/4 inch off each bolt. Just put a nut over the threads past the 1/4 inch grind down the bolt and then back off the nut to recreate the thread.

I do not recommend any lock thread or anything on the threads cause you will have a real byatch if you have to try to get it out upside down and no access.

Last edited:
Back