Logo

125 force extra wire mystery

aaloift

hi
just got this boat on saturday , lots of wires diconnected put them back wherte they went , from the forward ign module theres an orange wire with half a fuse holder on it and its not in wiring diaghram any suggestions??? plus i dont have any spark
andy

Orange lead goes to the overheat buzzer/system.
The motor has an orange lead to the head.
It a sensor that grounds out when the motor overheats.
It allows the system to energize and ring the buzzer.

Orange lead goes to the overheat buzzer/system.
The motor has an orange lead to the head.
It a sensor that grounds out when the motor overheats.
It allows the system to energize and ring the buzzer.

its not that orange wire that ones there this one comes out of the fwd ign module

That have anything connected to it?A black connector?
Or a broken wire?
If it's what I think it is it should go to the top coil.
There is a wiring diagram on the top of the motor.
It has all the wiring from the packs and stator/trigger.
There is a red and orange that comes out of the pack,it fires 2 of the coils.

Now if that wire is broken??? You need to replace ALL the wire connectors from the pack,coil,trigger/stator.
If one is bad then there can be a BUNCH needing replacement.
The connectors are all color coded and marked make sure you do this too.
They have shrink wrap on them and the connection under the wrap can go bad.J
connectors.jpg

Last edited:
well still not sure about the orange wire it could be a fused 12v thats not being used. the good news is i figured out why no spark, stator looked new but was bad, waiting on part. now on the underside of flywheel theres a magnetic strip that runs all the way around, where the 2 ends meet its not glued down, can i epoxy it???
andy

That orange lead is NOT a 12v lead.Post a pic.
If it has a black connector that looks like a fuse connector it's a lead to one of the coils.
Orange is either #1 or #3 coil.
You put 12v to it,you can destroy the pack.

How did you figure the stator was bad?

The magnet.
It will be just a matter of time before the glue will give way and it will stick to the stator.
The flywheel magnet,will need to be taken out and cleaned of all the old glue.
Then clean the flywheel too.
Use a thin glue,I use super glue and it seems to work well.
The magnet doesn't need to go back in any special way just make sure it fits in as deep as it was.
So if there was a space under it make sure there is a space when installing.
After it sets and drys,make sure the clearance is good under the flywheel.

not to get off track but you seem to know alot about 2 cycle engines , any good at seadoo's i have 4 with thye same problem

95 96 97 sea doo's sp, spx, gti,gtx the all had been sitting a while they all have grey lines for fuel and all 4 did the same thing. took to lake perris drove once around the lake and ran fine on second time around would go a bit then act like it was running out of gas then go again but for a little shorter distance till it got to where it only would idle. all 4 did exactly the same thing, im thinking the little filters in carbs gooped up with insides of grey lines. what do you think

Back