Logo

115 hp ficht 2001 injector oil leaks

zigzag03

this otherwise fine running motor with a couple hundred hours on it leaks what i would call dirty oil from the two bottom injectors, making a mess in the lower cowl and running down the leg if left vertical. it clearly comes from the area just below where the injector seats on the head. i popped one off and to my eye do not see any type of seal or gasket where the injector seats. but on the parts illustration available online there is an oring shown, but not conclusively where it goes, as parts diagrams often do. it certainly seems to me that there should be one. also, there appear to be fibre washers under the bolts that hold down the bracket that holds down the injector. the bottom bolt of each of these injector brackets is also coated in oil inside the tube.

clearly the oil is left over from evaporated fuel oil mix, which makes me think the cylinder is actually leaking gas as well causing lean condition possibly.

my questions: IS there an oring (348107) between head and injector? do those washers (348224) under the bolts get changed anytime the bolt is loosened? what is torque spec for bolting down these injectors?

thanks to any and all

this is the page i'm using for parts breakdown:
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/B..., 20 in shaft 2001/FUEL COMPONENTS/parts.html

Last edited:
Back