Logo

115 Honda, 4stroke, consecutive beeps

Hi,
Pretty short description. If you provide more info you might get some responses.

Stuff like:
Year model would help.
New (to you) purchase?
Recent maintenance done.
Maintenance neglected.

And, "it ran great and suddenly beeping and lost power"

Or, "it still runs great but beeping"

Tell a story about what is happening.

Posting a video might help.

I'll kick it around with you but I've never worked on a 115.

Good luck.

Well, I'm not used to working on Honda's. lol I am trying to fix an issue for a customer of mine. I don't have access to diagnostic system for Honda. I know that on Merc, Suzuki, Yamaha the alarms tell the story depending on what they are doing. This 115 4stroke'runs good but consistently beeping while running, Pumps water good, Oil pressure is good, Fuel and fuel pressure are good. I don't see a "water in fuel" sensor anywhere. but I haven't found any water in the fuel anyway. I was hoping someone with a manual would be able to tell me what the beeps could mean. Its not a solid tone. "Beep, 1 second pause, Beep, etc."

Again, do you have a date of manufacture or the frame (vin) number??

No warning lights?

Does it have an O2 sensor? Honda oxy sensors are known to cause problems but not all efi Hondas have them.

TritonFisher might be on to something with the TPS suggestion. Or, maybe throttle body? I just don't know.

The more we talk about it the more likely someone that knows will see your post and chime in.

Another thought is that you should probably check battery condition and charging system if you haven't already.

Back