Logo

110 Johnson won't turn by hand???

Melissa Miller

need help with 110 Johnson motor. when someone comes to look at boat for purchase, they try to turn
the motor by hand and they tell me it's frozen. What is wrong with it? last started 11 months ago, been sitting
since. why are they telling me this and it's costing me the sale. I can not start motor due to no water available
and no battery available. This is a female asking so feel free to talk to me like a 3 year old...I know nothing about
boats or motors.

If that motor sat for any length of time in salt water, and it hasn't been flushed...oh boy... :rolleyes:
Sorry to say, but if you don't know anything about an item that you're trying to sell, or its care, expect to be lowballed.

Remove the spark plugs. Can you now turn the engine by hand? If not, you have a problem to correct and a engine to get running properly if you expect to sell it.

What is the history on the motor ???----Was it sunk in a hurricane and never properly looked at after recovery ?----Did it suffer from a dynamic halt / blew up when running last ?---Was / is the lower unit full of water and is now rusted solid ??

boat did not sit in salt water, has been sitting on trailer in a yard for about 10 months or so, it started then and was flushed out. It did turn by hand with spark plugs out. Is this is issue?

If it turns by hand with plugs out then there may not be a problem !----Your prospective buyer may be trying to take advantage of your lack of knowledge.---The 110 model was marketed from 1986 to about 1990.---So post a model # or a picture to identify the year.

I got the boat to turn over but everyone keeps telling me there is no compression, not sure if they are trying to scam me for the boat or not, but I lower my price to $1000. That is for boat, motor, trailer and newer bimini top. Motor is turning over, but have not started it.

IN agreement with "Kimcrwbr1" above. $1500 in today's world for a boat, engine, trailer is dirt cheap.

If it ran okay 11 months ago, the only and usual problem that could exist is fouled carburetors... no big deal!

It would be worth your while to supply a battery (don't hook it up backwards), purchase a Ear Muff type flushette and a hose to get it running.

Note that anything sold is considered sold "As Is" UNLESS a warranty is stipulated in writing. DO NOT stipulate anything!

Back