Logo

06 Honda bf 135 spark plug color & hesitation

jjohnsonlta

Trying to figure out a slight hesitation when accelerating off idle. I am thinking the motor is running lean by the spark plug color. When I pulled the plugs all of the porcelains were white as new. I would think they should have some light brown color to them. Other than the hesitation a couple times coming off throttle to a high idle the engine shook like only running on a couple cylinders. This only happened a couple times on outing. I also felt the cooling water out the side of engine after running for a while and it seemed ice cold, maybe stuck thermostat it has two one for cylinder one for block. Could stuck thermostat cause lean condition white plug color? I changed the low pressure fuel filter but haven't changed the high pressure one. Could a dirty high pressure filter cause the lean condition or what else should I be checking?

Well figured out the cooling issue. One of the thermostats was stuck open. I went ahead and changed the two out. Plan on taking it out for a run to see if the hesitation might have been caused from the one thermostat stuck open. I'll post results.

Back