Logo

05' 150 4stroke. Fuel issues.

2007 Cobia

Greetings. New to the forums - not a complete newbie to wrenching. Infact, 35 years of it. However, not many of those are on outboards, esp. 4 stroke.

At any rate. Here is my issue.

Did the 100hr service. Wil have bee 3 fuel filter changes. Now has 125hrs. Everytime I fuel the boat, I treat the fuel.

Last time out, I noticed what seem to be fuel starvation at the top end. No big deal I say, maybe some water got past the filter. When I get home to flush everything, I pull the cover and notice the cartridge filter on the front of the motor not completely full. So I decide to replace the fuel line and prime bulb thinking over time, the wall of the fuel line is collapsing. (mind you, I've never given this a second glance before because I normally replace the filter, prime it up and heat cycle the motor).

Am I correct in that this should stay full even @ idle? I would suspect fuel pressure alone would keep that full. I can hit the primer a couple times and It will fill it - but not long, even at idle, it drops below the pleats in the filter and never skips a beat. However, logic would tell me that @ WOT and this not full, I would get the symptoms I was experiencing, no?

I drained the VST and found no water in it.

Apologies for the long wind and thanks in Advance.

Sgt. Edwards.

Back