Logo

03 225 vst filter

my 2003 225 ran perfect at idl

my 2003 225 ran perfect at idle to 2000 rpm's but then when i gave it more throttle it struggled to stay alive. When I backed off it cleared right up. I changed the fuel/water separator which had water in it but still no help. Then I changed the VST filter but since then I cant get it to start. Just wondering if and how I should bleed the lines after changing that. Thanks

I was in a hurry to get everyt

I was in a hurry to get everything back together so I could get in the water to check it out before dark and am thinking I might have put the filter in backwards yesterday. I know that is a stupid mistake. Will change it and try it out.
Thanks for the answer JUST-IN-TIME

That was the problem starting.

That was the problem starting. It almost got on plane before cutting off today then started back with same sputtering problem at 2300 rpm's. I guess my next step is to try an aux tank since problem started after filling the tank.

Same problem with sputtering @

Same problem with sputtering @2300 rpm's. From what I have read on here it sounds like the vst needs to be cleaned. Can someone tell me if my problem would be covered under the extended warranty or if I should do this myself.

Back