Logo

00 Johnson 25HP 3 cyl powerpack question

hendedo

Hello all as mentioned, 2000 25HP 3cyl, less than 200 hours. starts fine, runs great. then, when warm, acts like it is 'losing' a cylinder. Hooked timing light to plug wires just to see if it kept firing. Seemed to be sporadic . so, I might be thinking the power pack. they are NOT cheap ($450) and want to know if I can be sure that is what it is.
Plugs are Champion QL82C gapped at .030 per the book. seem damp, but not totally wet. Yamalube @ 50:1 premix.

Any advice on this is appreciated. Thanks Don

Any chance that the motor is overheating ?-----Is this motor still running with the " mickey mouse " oil mixing unit ?---What are the results of a compression test.

oil injection is removed and using Yamalube @ 50:1.
Don't think is overheating; when al three are strong, it runs like a banshee! After 6 - 10 minutes, it starts to act like it drops a cylinder. If we stop for a bit and it cools, it starts instantly and runs fine... for 6 to 10 minutes.
Have not done compression test.

Check / clean all grounds on powerpack and the coils.------Make sure , very sure they are clean and tight.---Check that the wee fuel / oil recirc lines that run near / behind the powerpack are not pinched.

Hello Hendedo,

Call from Australia, did you manage to rectify your issue with the 25HP?
If so, can I ask if you could give me a reason to this issue as I have a similar problem with a 2000 35HP Johnson 3 cylinder.
Cheers,
Jackson12

Hello Hendedo,

Call from Australia, did you manage to rectify your issue with the 25HP?
If so, can I ask if you could give me a reason to this issue as I have a similar problem with a 2000 35HP Johnson 3 cylinder.
Cheers,
Jackson12
This thread is almost two years old you need to start your own thread. Give details on what you have done and the symptoms your having.

Back