Logo

Joe I good use your advice

B

Bart Dabrowski

I have a 100hp evinrude that

I have a 100hp evinrude that has not ran in 15yrs.I have since got it running.When you hit the throttle it gets right up on plane but then it starts missing on tell you back of the throttle a bit then it smooths out.The coil was bad i replaced it with a lucas coil.It runs god untell it gets hot then it just quits.You can leave it sit over night and it will start right up.Also the charging system is not working it looks like the bridge rectafire is burnt.

"I need help. I have a older 3

"I need help. I have a older 3 hp seahorse outboard motor, color white. I cleaned the carburators today and started the motor. It ran well for about 20 or 30 minutes, then I started to have trouble with the engine idling. I tried to adjust the high and low speed setting, but the motor seemed to run worse with time. I emptied the gas tank, used fresh gas and some sea foam. Am I getting rust in my newly cleaned carburator or what is going on. Please respond to my email address "[email protected]""

" Bart,if the rectifier is bur

" Bart,if the rectifier is burnt you need to replace it as well as the stator. a bad rectifier will eat a stator up. look under the flywheel for dark spots or drips of gooey stuff. if you see it than its toast. personnaly id replace it.the stator serves two purposes, one it creates ac voltage that the rectifier converts to dc to charge the battery. second it creates ac voltage on the charge coils that eventually fire the plugs. youd do good to get a FACTORY service manual for your engine as it will explain all of this in detail. good luck. mike t "

Back