Logo

70 outfdrive with Mech tilt warning light help

joemamma_222

"Hi all ! Had a question abou

"Hi all ! Had a question about my electro tilt mechanism volvo 270 outdrive. Thie does not have trim just tilt only with the worm gear and Plunger. The issue is I had the tilt unit out to repair it and now it's done. After I put it back in I cant get the warning light on the dash to go out. I;m thinking I;ve done somthing wrong here. the outdrive was fully down when I removed it (so the spindle was completely IN the tilt unit) I'm not totally sure if it was completely IN when I re-installed. I'm thinking I need to Zero the unit out ? Or Reset somthing so it knows it's at the top or bottom of the stroke. I did test reverse though...with the drive all the way down and the retaining pawls locked I can go in reverse w/o the drive kicking up but the Warning light is still on

Any help would be appreciated !
Joe in Ohio"

It came really close ! I gues

It came really close ! I guess my question is what has to happen to make the warning light on the dash go out ? The drive is functioning normally but I dont know when it;s fully down... I kinda have to guess....because somthing's not tripping the light out...
Thanks for the good info though !

Back