Logo

Tabs are installed Wow #60#60

oilguy

Contributing Member
I finally got a set of trim ta

I finally got a set of trim tabs and installed them >>> Not nearly as bad as I thought they were going to be on the install... 2 hours with my wifes help.
I tested them out today pulling tubers around the lake and it gave me better control and I was able to plane a little faster with some adustment.
I got the instatrim tabs from an ebay seller for $250 including shipping.
Since is didn't take as long as I thought it would I decided to paint the graphics on my boat that I have been planning to do for about 3 years now... (That was harder than the install)

OG

"Wait until you test them in c

"Wait until you test them in choppy weather, then you'll be really glad you installed them.
biggrin.gif
"

So now... When I am loaded and

So now... When I am loaded and I have a bunch a kids on the bow... How do I keep the boat from plowing while I turn...
I try to get as many to the back as I can... but with a full tank of fuel and 3 or 4 kids on the front I notice it plowing even with the tab up all the way...

I just need a bigger boat.... Grrrrr.....

"Just load the stern with beer

"Just load the stern with beer and that will solve the boat trim problem (though I admit that may create a much bigger problem....or not?).
biggrin.gif
."

"OG,
I understand your dilema

"OG,
I understand your dilema. While the trim tabs are wonderful for stability and control, they don't offer much for response to circling/etc that is the fun part of tubing/skiing if you're knowledgeable and safe while doing so.

Some folks that are very serious about their weight/balance and wake creation use water bladders specifically designed to give their boat the proper submersion and balance for skiing/wakeboarding/tubing... the extreme end.

scroll down here...
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/catalog.cgi?r=browse&aID=2G&cname=Towers -Racks-Weight-Systems

While I'm not sure if this is a route you want to go with your current boat and use, I try to do the best I can to get my gear where it needs to be for the optimum ride. In my case it's reversed needing bow weight with the cruiser I own. My wife thinks I'm an idiot(and whom am I to dispute her claims... she lives with me!) but I have a collective thought going on as to what weight is where and make sure everything evens out as best as possible. It saves the hassle of constantly correcting the tabs with a weight list whenever you encounter a cross wake, chop, or are making a turn."

Back