Logo

89 23 ford omc cobra

"[url=""]http://dougrussell.co

"http://dougrussell.com/partscatalog/volvo_omc/index.cfm?fuseaction=comp&group=63 7&GroupList=623,624,625,626,627,628,629,630,631,632,633,634,635,636,637,638

Shows #60 on the top ( mini dipstick ) - dougrussell.com is a marina near me in NE, has some nice pics, but is limited in year range.

yea.. the bottom is on the bottom of the FIN..

You should use the wides screw driver you have.

There is an Impact Driver set you can buy that is Perfect for stubborn screws that has a big flat blade bit in there you can put on a 3/8 drive rachet. and the impact is great if they are tight, a tap of the hammer while twisting with the wrist.. viola !

your welcome..."

This helps looks like I should

This helps looks like I should be able to do this on the weekend.
Ya I was having trouble with the screws I will have to take a big flat head up with me on the weekend.

First thing to check is the im

First thing to check is the impeller in the drive water pump. if it has fins missing then you need to check through the system as they can cause blockages.

Gents I have having some RPM i

Gents I have having some RPM issues
Full out the RPM's are 5600 (way too hi)
I have been told I need to change my prop.
currently I have a 13 1/4 X 17 prop on
any advice on what I need to put on?
What should the RPM's be?
The boat I have is a 1989 Bayliner Capri 1952.
Also any ideas of a website that will tell me which prop I need and also a website that I can buy on for a half decent price.

Thanks

"Harry...the 2.3 is a high RPM

"Harry...the 2.3 is a high RPM motor, specs for WOT are 5200-5600, you could go up 2 in of pitch to a 19" prop and that will probably bring your WOT RPM's down between 300-400, you may see a slight decline in your hole shot but may actually increase your top end speed a bit.

There are lots of websites out there but ideally you want a prop that will put you withing the manufactures suggested RPM's at WOT.

Some marinas/dealers will let you try different props before buying."

"Just going by these specs

"Just going by these specs

290958.jpg
"

Hey boys its Harry again looki

Hey boys its Harry again looking at winterizing the boat in the next couple of weeks. Is this something I can do myself? If so can you advise on the steps I need to take.

Thanks

"This is the initial setting f

"This is the initial setting for this screw. You turn it in carefully until it bottoms out, (don't want to damage the tip or the seat) and then you turn it out 1/2 turn and go from there. See # 15 in the pic below, this is the idle mixture screw.

292827.png"" alt=""

"Hi. Could it be possible ther

"Hi. Could it be possible there`s a miss in the manual when it says, idle mixture screw 2 1/2 turns out on a 1987 2,3L model and on all other 1988-1990 2,3L models 1/2 turn out? The other tune up specs are exactly the same. What do you think?
Sorry for jumping in like this."

"If you do a search, you will

"If you do a search, you will find that there is a different part number (carb assy) from 88 and up."

"I agree with Bob,idle mixture

"I agree with Bob,idle mixture turn outs are general, due to the age and condition of the carb. adjustment could vary significantly. The use of a vacuum gauge on a straight source of vacuum, not ported vacuum is a sure bet for proper adjustment"

"Harry...your winterizing ques

"Harry...your winterizing question most likely got overlooked. It's always best to start a new thread with your question so this doesn't happen. Not to mention it's not good forum etiquette to tag onto another's thread with an unrelated question. Have a read through this page and then come back with any specific questions (in a new thread)

http://www.brownsmarina.com/tech-winter-inboard.html"

Back