Logo

Montgomery Ward Sea King 5

"I have a 1948 5HP Montgomery

"I have a 1948 5HP Montgomery Wards Sea King boat motor. Have had running in a barrel of water and it pushes oil through exhaust into oil a lot. Has'nt run in along time, will this clear up? Where would I get new rings? Where can I get a repair manual or even a motor brakdown picture. Thanks"

"Dave, if you have your date c

"Dave, if you have your date correct your motor will have been built by Gale (OMC).

However, this is a 2 stroke, so the oil won't be a result of bad rings. Oil in the exhaust is quite normal. If you have a super excess it's because of either too much oil in the gas or motor is running a little too rich and not burning enough of your mixture up.

You may be able to get a manual from www.discount-marine-parts.com"

I am desperatelt trying to fig

I am desperatelt trying to figure out the year my 15HP Sea King was made. Can't register it until I found out.

Serial#:30095

model#:VWB 52115B

Sorry....
Sea King 15HP
Mod

Sorry....
Sea King 15HP
Model: VWB 52115B
Serial: 87X 30095

"hey i have a 1968 ward sea ki

"hey i have a 1968 ward sea king 6 hp and my pull start assembly has broken off the motor housing and info on where to find old parts or a repair manuel would be greatly appreciated, i have spent hours trying to find on the internet with no luck THANKS!!!"

I have a 3 hp montgomery wards

I have a 3 hp montgomery wards sea king model GG8804A. I got it running but it got hot fast. Any one know how the water pump works. I dont know what to do now.

"You have a 1960 motor made by

"You have a 1960 motor made by the Gale division of OMC. It likely has an impeller on the prop shaft, not in the middle of the gear housing like most outboards."

"If you are ever looking for r

"If you are ever looking for replacement parts for some of these older/discontinued models you can check out www.laingsoutboards.com - they have supplied me with waterpump kits for my 59 Gale 40 horse for a number of years now..."

newbie onboard here. i have ju

newbie onboard here. i have just bought a 5 hp
sea king motor at auction. can anyone tell me
year model and proper oil/gas mix ratio? all help
greatly appreciated. model number is vwb19072 and
serial number is 46x12384.

I am trying to find a manual f

I am trying to find a manual for parts and service for a sea king model #35GG90144 serial number 430771 can anyone help me?

"We aquired a Montogomery Ward

"We aquired a Montogomery Ward Sea King 3 hp model # 35GG-9004B serial # 506074.. Where can we find info on this motor? ie: year made, value, etc?"

"We aquired a Montogomery Ward

"We aquired a Montogomery Ward Sea King 3 hp model # 35GG-9004B serial # 506074.. Where can we find info on this motor? ie: year made, value, etc?"

"Dawn, that is a 1953 model, b

"Dawn, that is a 1953 model, built by Gale (formerly a division of OMC).

There are litterally thousands of these old, low horsepower, generics out there. If it is running well it may be worth 50 to 100 bucks, but in most cases they can be picked up for somewhere around 25 dollars.

Their value lies if they are still running and YOU can use it, saving you the cost of a newer motor..."

"hey thanks for the help every

"hey thanks for the help everyone still looking for a 1969 sea king inlet manifold, tried all the sites above with no luck, still spending hours on the net and phone any info would rreaallyyy help THANKS"

hey guys i have a 1969 55hp se

hey guys i have a 1969 55hp sea king i have gear lube comming out of the water holes in the side of lower unit i got the lower unit off but how do you get to seals under impeller if anyone has a web site with instructions or advise i would appreciate it thanks

"Hey Paul. First off, are you

"Hey Paul. First off, are you sure it's gear oil? Could it possibly be unburned fuel and oil making it's way through the exhaust and out the nearest available hole? Just a shot in the dark. If you want, I have an exploded view of a 1968 SeaKing 55HP that I could give you. If you want, click on my name to get my email address and I could send it."

hey wayne thanks for the info

hey wayne thanks for the info yes it was gear oil the drive shaft seal was bad got it fixed. But thank you for your help.

"I recently acquired a Sea Kin

"I recently acquired a Sea King 6 from a relative who said it has not ran in years. Model VWB28906A, Serial 86X10158. I know nothing about this motor. I pulled the plugs and they are clean. I removed the flywheel and everything was clean and shiny, but I filed and gapped the points anyway. I put it back together and there is no spark. Anyone have any ideas? I also would like to know what lube to use in the lower unit and what mixture the fuel should be.

Thanks,

Bill"

"newbie onboard here. I recent

"newbie onboard here. I recently acquired a Sea King 5 out board from a relative who said it has not ran in years.He's Not sure what year this motor was made &
Model GG8960A, Serial 75X664105.

I know nothing about this motor. I'm need a repair manuals & instruction on everything about this motor.can anyone tell me the year model and proper oil/gas mix ratio? You can contact me at [email protected] with any help & it would be greatly appreciated."

"I have a 45gg-9015a mongomery

"I have a 45gg-9015a mongomery ward seaking 5hp i know that it is a 1954 made by gale mod 5d10 but i cant find any parts manuals, the motor has good compression but cant really test any farther because i dont know which spark plugs i need. if any one could help me that would be great."

"Thomas, your motor is a 1957.

"Thomas, your motor is a 1957. Both you and Daniel need the same plugs. Originally you needed J6-J plugs, now replaced by J6-C, gapped at .035. You need 24:1 fuel/oil (use TCW-3 oil) mixture for these motors."

any tips on cleaning my gas ta

any tips on cleaning my gas tank there is a bunch of "crude" on and around the gas cap and not sure about inside of the tank

"I've used good quality sc

"I've used good quality screws/washers/nuts - whatever I've had laying around. Shake around until the tank is clean then dump them out. I count how many I put in the tank since a stray can block the fuel line. If that doesn't work, there is also Kreem Tank-Prep and tank sealer, as well as other types of gas tank cleaners and sealers. That is just one brand, but it should give you a good start."

Back