Logo

Water pump

bobj

"i noticed today that the wate

"i noticed today that the water pump (green coolant) was leaking today, i have the aq131d.

i was wondering if i can just go to the local parts store and buy a water pump for a 1989 volvo with a 2.3L engine, or do i need a specific marine application pump? also are there any mods that would need be done if a reg pump is used?"

"It <u>[b]might[/b]</u> fit in

"It <u>might</u> fit in your particular engine model, but I am not 100% sure. I know for sure that an automotive pump does not fit the AQ140, the AQ145, the AQ120 or the AQ125, the difference being that one of the pump ports fits directy into the heat exchanger in those models. However, in the AQ131 there is a hose going between the pump and the heat exchanger, so maybe an automotive pump will fit. In any case, there is an aftermarket pump available for your engine, which I suspect is nothing but an automotive pump:

http://bpi.ebasicpower.com/p/CARFP2006/Circulating+Water+Pump,+Volvo+4+Cyl.

There are no differences between the "marine" pump and the automotive pump except for the details I mentioned above."

"the only thing that bolts to

"the only thing that bolts to it is a pulley for the belt drive, i will check out the auto application tomorrow

thanks"

I have a aq131a and i put the

I have a aq131a and i put the car pump because the part numbers are exactly the same there are two tipes the oem and the aftermarket and napa sales them. i bought the oem type because they had to order the other one but the only fiferefnce is the shape of the fins inside.

Back