Logo

Old timers ?

Mikey N.C.

Advanced Contributor
Have a skeeter 1989 with serial # cc v 4 1988 cross flow 90hp, motor first came in for loss of power. First compression test .125 on 2-4 an 130 on1-3. found that. Orange / blue strip to # 2 was under readings . cylinder was not hitting, New cdi box, Motor runs great but coughs down low near exhaust plate.. He fished a tournament last week. Got motor lifted power head, the lower crank round cap at bottom 4 inside bolts for bearing retainer are missing and outer 6-8 are back out half way. I have a cr 115 cross that I'm going to swap. Now cc. 88' block has 4 return oil vacuum lines. One from block and one from inspection plate( exhaust plate) on both sides. The cr has only 1 from top half between 1 and 3 ,do I eliminate the other 3 ?

There is a big exhaust cover on the back of the motor.-----No exhaust plates on the side of the block.-----No emission stuff on these motors.

Cc motor has 2 vacuum hoses on port side , 1 from upper case and 1 from inspection plate going to barbs under carbs. to reeds, 1 on starboard side comes from upper case to lower side of intake at reeds. Cr motor only has 1 on port side from upper case to intake.
So I'm guessing just block off the other 2. ??

Back