Logo

Older OMC IO

greg

" I'm trying to ID an olde

" I'm trying to ID an older OMC I/O. The model number is HUFM20D and appears to be a Buick V6 engine. Anyone know what year this is and what size the engine might be? Also, does anyone know what engine can be bolted up to replace a Buick 300 V8 (1967 I think) - this is also an OMC. Am trying to get one of them running, the V6 is stuck and the V8 is cracked on both outer water jackets. "

"Greg I have a 1964 Buick 231

"Greg I have a 1964 Buick 231 V6,and I am missing most of my outdrive,,if you find out anything about your setup Please E mail me [email protected] ,,I have been looking for info on my OMC for a few years now and have came up empty..the only thing I can tell you is your Buick V6 is 231 cubic inches ,231ci,,other than that I can't tell you much except that it is probably electro-shif,,Do you have 2 compleat OMC setups a V6 and a V8?Dose this mean you have a Extra outdrive,,if so please let me know,"

The model HUFM20D is definite

The model HUFM20D is definitely a Kaiser V6 engine. Kaiser was the former owner fo Jeep after Willey's and before it was bought by American Motors. You have Jeep engine. This is the same engine that was used by Buick in teh Buick Special until 1967 when Kaiser bought the tooling from Buick. The year of your engine is 1971.

I got the above info from the Seloc Manual for OMC I/Os from 1964-1986. You might want to get a copy.

You can get some of the parts from NAPA by asking for 1971 Jeep CJ5 V6 parts.

" It may as well be origanaly

" It may as well be origanaly a jeep engine, but I feel it may have been a retro-fit to a Buick 231, If so,to confirm,if its a buick block the distributer will be up front and GM will be at the very back on the top of the engine housing, if so any 231 Buick block is good all of your marine components bolt right up to it. I've just been there with mine.Good luck!! "

Back