Logo

FORD LEHMAN

S

Sea blue

I'm looking for nearest F

I'm looking for nearest Ford Lehman spare parts dealer to Slovenia.
In fact I'm looking for art. 1A397 and 3E856.
Please send me any information. Thanks.

"I don't think you are goi

"I don't think you are going to find too many Ford Lehman parts dealers anywhere....! You could ask Mr. Smith at American Diesel Corp... he will know.
Regards,
Andrew"

I am contemplating buying a b

I am contemplating buying a boat with 135HP Lehman Diesels. The enginen currently have 4735 hours. How soon will they need an overhaul?

" I have a 61HP Ford Lehman Pu

" I have a 61HP Ford Lehman Pueguot it was coined in 1979 and put in an Albin 27. We are haveing trouble getting parts and are trying to figure out the best prop. The boat should run at 3400 tops and cruise at 2800 this is high RPM for a typical boat deisl but this is a marinized automotive motor and that is where it ahould run. I have had it up to 2800rpm loaded and it is noisy as heck so I wouldn't mind running at 2600. Any ideas on best prop. I have tries 17x14 4blade, 17X12 3blade and 16X12 3blade. So far it is between the 17 and 16X12. "

"Jim,

Even the [I]experts[/

"Jim,

Even the experts usually have to rely on trial and error to get the right prop. You probably now know more about what that boat and engine combination needs than anyone else.

If you want more information to further cloud your thinking... try:

Propeller Handbook

Regards,
Andrew"

Those of you in the States mi

Those of you in the States might try "QUALITY DIESEL PARTS" in Portland Oregon. Local calls 503-252-9614. All states 1-800-877-2810. While I don't do anything with boats and I sort of found this site by accident. I have got parts for my old Fordson Major diesel tractor from them. They sell parts for both gas and diesel engines.

Richard Weich

" I need a used crankshaft for

" I need a used crankshaft for my Lehman 2712E 80 hp. I'm also interested in replacements/ repowers. Does anyone know of an easy conversion or of a used crankshaft? Thanks,
Darian Busby "

"To Captd
The Lehman 2712E is

"To Captd
The Lehman 2712E is the Dorset version made up to 1982 at which time they went to the Dover 2722E which were built up to 1991. The Saber engine co bought out all the Lehman parts and stock some still. Contact them through Dalton Power Products Ltd, Unit 6 Autum Park Ind Estate, Dysart Rd, Grantham NG31 7DD UK. Tel 01476-576666. If this is a marine engine Who marinized it. Could have been Gustavson - Sweden
contact them through Anders Carlsson Email [email protected] He is the brother of the currnet owner of Boso Motor AB,Stockholm who speaks no English. Good luck"

I am looking for a manifold f

I am looking for a manifold for a Ford Lehman 4D220 marine diesel engine. The part number is 1A241. Please help.
Thanks

two Ford lehman diesels for s

two Ford lehman diesels for sale $6000 1060hrs on one and fresh overhaul on the other. Painted and ready to install. (04-389-1821

"the6cyl.inline 12ohp ford leh

"the6cyl.inline 12ohp ford lehman is missing an airfilterhousing;where is the nearest possibility in san diego area contact"[email protected]""

what should the oil pressure b

what should the oil pressure be at idle on the
lehman 120?

Off hand I'd say 10-25 PSI

Off hand I'd say 10-25 PSI. It will tend to be a little more running cold after startup and a little less coming to an idle after warmed up and run at full temperature. I trust you are using oil that is the correct viscosity and is rated for compression fired ( diesel ) engines and NOT for gasoline engines only.

"I am in the process of purcha

"I am in the process of purchasing a 1973 34'trawler, with a bebuilt 120 Lehmen engine that
has 100 hrs of use, after the rebuild. What is the reliability of this motor and in the event I were to need another Engine in the future, could you recommend a replacement ? Also, may I add
Lucas oil to the crankcase as I normally have
done in my previous over the road deisels ?"

oil press. on a new engine it

oil press. on a new engine it will be 60-80 psi
on a older engine in good cont.20 atidle 40 under way.lower than 40 under way start looking.

"Are you sure it a lehman 135

"Are you sure it a lehman 135 and not a noreast 135 witch was mad by north east ford engines in ma,usa.I worked for north east ford for 25 years.
I was involved in the makeing of the noreast 90,135,160.we also sold and seviced ford lehman
enines.I still have some castings and parts for the the noreast and lehmans.
www.eastcoastindustrial.com
phone 978-281-6350
fax 978-281-6357"

"Hello All, I am looking at pu

"Hello All, I am looking at purchasing a 1961 wooden ketch (sailboat) that has a 57hp Ford Lehman inboard diesel. Now on most sailboats engines are always an afterthought. I am looking for solid advice on parts availablity and serivce in the Norfolk VA area. The engine has approx 600hrs total. I plan to live aboard the vessel and travel, part of this requires I carry ample spare parts on board. Thanks for your time in advance."

"Hi,
I just purchased an olde

"Hi,
I just purchased an older Lehman engine and it is supposed to be a 60hp. I don't have what year or model number it is. Is there anywhere on the engine that will tell me and let me know the correct Hp and information? Also I need to get a starter motor and water pump for it. For the starter motor I noticed the lucas company does them as well. Are these just as good?"

just above the starter there a

just above the starter there are #s casted in block thay should staert with 27???????
tell me the #s and i will look theme up

mike

"Hi I couldn't find any nu

"Hi I couldn't find any numbers above the starter motor, but found some about the middle of the block. I'll have to clean them up so I can read them and I'll get back to you.
Thanks"

"I am badly surching for a us

"I am badly surching for a users manual: Ford 2722E. Who can provide even a copy or give some useful link?
Thank for effort, Dieter"

I have a single engine Lehman

I have a single engine Lehman 120 for our 1975 GrandBanks trawler. Can't find any information on what is the most fuel efficient cruising RPM. Any ideas?

"Hi Mike,I finally got the eng

"Hi Mike,I finally got the engine number, but these are the only ones I could find 3127407.Is this any good to you?"

"I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 39FT W

"I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 39FT WHITCRAFT WITH 2 120 LEHMAN DIESELS. THE BOAT WENT UNDER IN SALT WATER OVER NIGHT AND THE ENGINS WERE NOT PICKLED, IS THERE ANY SALVAGABLE PARTS LEFT TO WORK WITH? OR SHOULD I START FROM SCRATCH? (ITS BEEN ALMOST A YEAR SINCE IT WENT UNDER) I AM IN IRAQ RIGHT NOW AND WANT BE BACK UNTIL FEB. TO START REBUILDING OR REPLACING. THANKS, JASON"

"we have 34ft ex fish boat now

"we have 34ft ex fish boat now a diving salvage
tender fitted with 6 cyl: lehman 120 engine.
?? what would you folks run your engine for 1-1.5
gph, our max revs are 2400, would we have problems
running at 1900+"

"Heat exchangers for Lehman en

"Heat exchangers for Lehman engine oil and transmission oil, we think. Came as spares with our boat, which had Lehman 135s. Interior condition unknown but rebuildable. Photo at http://the-mkt-edge.com/lehmancoolers.jpg". Scale shown is 6". Email an offer including shipping from Seattle, estimated weight 10 lb., or you pick up."

"Hello: I am looking for a li

"Hello: I am looking for a little advise on these engines. I am
considering buying a trawler with twin lehmans with 3500 hours. The
owner has meticulous records on the hours for the last 14 years, most
accumulated on trips to the Caribbean, "aka; high way miles" He says
he only burns 2 quarts of oil on a 4 month trip each year. My question
is should I be overly concerned about the mid to high level of hours.

Second question: If the do need some kind of an over haul, is there an
in boat ring job type of rebuild that can be done short of pulling to do
a total rebuild or re-power? What kind of a cost figure would I be
looking at?

I have not proceeded to the survey stage quite yet but I will have the
compression checked and have hot samples of the crankcase oil pulled for
analysis. I also plan to have the starboard transmission fluid checked
as well."

I am looking for a rebuilt eng

I am looking for a rebuilt engine for my 43 steel hull sailboat. Presntly it has a 2-71 detroit and isn't enough power. I need something between 75-120 hp. Does anyone have any advice as where to find one? Thanks. captglad

I have a 120 Lehman with appro

I have a 120 Lehman with approx. 450 hours. recently i had two soft plugs start leaking. when i pulled them i discovered excessive pitting from the inside. Anybody know what would cause this?

Back