Logo

Dumb Question - Help

jdguns13

I have a 1993 Alpha 1 Gen 2 with a curious looking "V" notch on the leading edge of the lower outdrive. I will try to post a picture. With the lower oil plug installed and my finger over the vent I can actually blow air thru into it. No water in the oil when it was drained best I can remember. I only had this boat on the lake once (23' Pro line CuddyFish) with no issues. Do I need to plug this up with some epoxy?

Attachments

• mercruiser 084.jpg
    mercruiser 084.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 43
It's a water psi speed line there should be a plugged line in engine compartment this is used to measure speed while driving if u have the psi sensor installed

I have a 1993 Alpha 1 Gen 2 with a curious looking "V" notch on the leading edge of the lower outdrive. I will try to post a picture. With the lower oil plug installed and my finger over the vent I can actually blow air thru into it. No water in the oil when it was drained best I can remember. I only had this boat on the lake once (23' Pro line CuddyFish) with no issues. Do I need to plug this up with some epoxy?

Ayuh,... It's the pitot hole for the speedometer.......

in simpler terms, it is the speedometer pick up water inlet. There is actually a small piece of hard tubing inside of that notch if I am not mistaken.

Back