Logo

1979 270 Crusader decals....

shilpisch

Regular Contributor
I have a fella looking to have me recreate decals for his engine as they are missing but we don't have any pictures or dimensions to know what they are. Is there anyone who has this engine that could share pictures and dimensions?

Thanks,

Steve

Andrew, our site host and web administrator, offers factory manuals from that era. maybe you can contact him directly and see what he has available.

You can buy those....The Crusader plate MAY or MAY NOT have thermo electron on it but, you can buy them both. I can seee if they were 1934 vintage restorations but for a '79, should be pretty easy to just peel and stick.

Wow, looks like I am way behind! I use to get notifications when people posted on threads but haven't seen any for a long time! Thanks for the pics, those should help out big time... Does anyone need these still? If so I will get on recreating them right away, if not I will fit them in when I have time!

Steve

I would like to have those two and also the one CH270 if possible, so let me know if you can supply these and if so at what price?

Is the CH270 going to look like the 350 or is it different, do you have a picture and dimensions?

Am I correct to assume that you would need 2 of the Crusader decals and 2 of the Model decal per engine?

Here is the recreated layouts I did on these decals...
Crusader 270 decals.jpg
The dimensions for the Model 350 decal were proportionately perfect but the Crusader decal proportionatly should be 7.75"
x 2" but the dimensions I was given is 7" x 2", can anyone confirm what is correct? Also its hard to tell if the border should be blue like the Crusader text or black like the model decal, my gut says black but I wanna double check!

Let me know what you guys think and if anyone can answer my questions it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

IMGP0321.jpgIMGP0320.jpgHere are 2 pictures of my motor with the decals on. Hope this help you some. Sory but I don't have access to the engine now, the boat is closed for the winter.

Thanks for the pictures! Recreating that "Model 270 Horsepower" decal shouldn't be a problem.... Based on your pictures and comparing it to the Crusader decal next to it on the valve cover I believe it would be the exact same size as the "Model 350", I will take a closer look on monday and see what I can come up with for you!

Thanks,

Steve

Here is what I came up with for the "Model 270 HORSEPOWER" decal... When done at 2" high like the other decals this one proportionately is 3.75" wide can anyone confirm this or provide me with the correct dimensions? This decal appears to be Blue on Chrome rather than the Black on chrome like the "Model 350" decal is this correct? Can anyone provide me a sample of the correct blue used for these decals that I can use for color matching?

Thanks!

Crusader Model 270 Horespower.jpg

Here is the page from the parts manual showing the graphics of the several decals used on my 1988 Crusader 454s. The correct decal set for these is Crusader p/n 22757. These are still available, but the "Thermo Electron Marine" and "Model 350" plates are no longer available, so I have had them recreated using a sublimation print process.

Here is the artwork for the two aluminum plates.

On both items, the white background is really transparent allowing the aluminum to show through.

Size: The 454 CID plate measures 2 x 3 inch. The Crusader plate measures 6-1/2 x 1-3/4 inch. They should be roughly to scale.

Material is thin aluminum adhesive back plate.View attachment 454CID.pdfView attachment Crusader decal.pdf

I've pulled both engines and am in the process of a complete restoration of these.:cool:

Attachments

• Crusader decals.pdf
    187.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Engine.JPG
    Engine.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 116
PGALL,

Why were you using a white over the entire plate rather than just under the color areas? Also are you saying that these images should be plates rather than decals?
I am confused as I have had several request for "Decals" rather than "Plates". Were there different options? Were they decals at one point and changed over to plates at some point?

Can anyone in this group clarify? If these need to be plates I probably can do them like the ID and Capacity plate I have done for the Century Guys... Just need to know what I am doing so I can move forward and be able to provide pricing.

thanks,

Steve

Steve,

Since I created a PDF of the artwork, I wanted to point out that what was white on the graphic (the background) was, in the original, transparent showing the aluminum color underneath. My comment to the printer was that there was no "white" in the graphic.

Both the "Crusader - Thermo-Electron Marine" and "350 CID" plates are metal (aluminum), about .030 thick. Rest of the decals are adhesive backed film. These are still available with p/n 22757.

Finished product shown.

Attachments

• Plates.jpg
    Plates.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 122
Hey fellas,

Take a look and see what you think of these plates... That's right, I can do the plates you fellas are looking for! (we are tweaking the red to get a Richer red but should have that done soon!)

I am working with my buddy on pricing and what kind of runs I have to do so email me directly if you are interested! [email protected]

Crusader 270 and 350 plates.jpg

Steve

Back