Logo

Minimum clearance for Bravo 3 drive

troman9

"I bought a used 27' cruis

"I bought a used 27' cruiser with a trailer, and I had to lower the bunks on the trailer to get pressure off of hull fittings. Now the rear of the bunks interfere with lowering the Bravo 3 stern drive. I can cut off the bunks, but only so much until I hit a bracket which is past the transom. So, I need to know how much clearance is needed between the transom and the back edge of the stern drive when it's lowered. Can't find this info anywhere and I'm hoping someone here can help.

Thanks"

"Ayuh,... I'd say the cro

"Ayuh,... I'd say the cross member is the Bare minimum...
I'd move the hull aft the other couple inches,+ trim the wood at the cross member..."

Tom what a royal pain to post

Tom what a royal pain to post pics huh? You didn't take one of the whole boat so we can see how it really sits on the trailer.

But from what i can see that boat should sit back another 6 inch's or so and the bunks are positioned wrong.

"I don't have a pic of the

"I don't have a pic of the boat on the trailer handy, but I'll take one tonight. The trailer is an adjustable EZ loader, and it's meant for 26-30 foot boats up to 12000 lbs. Mine (a Maxum) is a shade over 26', and weighs about 8000# loaded. I'd be concerned about moving it back that the tongue weight would get too light."

Tom:

most trailers will let

Tom:

most trailers will let you move the axles to adjust the tongue weight once the boat is correctly positioned. Its a major PITA doing it in the driveway but the end result is worth the effort

Back