Logo

FORD 6 cylinder Deisel 590e Engine number S26572X

graham_hardy

"I am considering purchsing a

"I am considering purchsing a wooden boat powered by the above engine. I am keen to know its date of manufacture, availability of spare parts,weaknesses to look for, and find an ownwers manual. The boat will be located in South Australia.
Can any one assist with this information please?}"

"G'day Graham,

"G'day Graham,
590e ford where popular in the early in the early 60s used in many tractors-trucks etc,they are fitted with wet liners so therefore suffer from corrosion problems around the bottom liner seal area.Check sump & under tappet cover for tell tale cream sludge and corrosion.Parts are still avaliable from ag machinery part supplyers, manuals turn up on ebay regulary."

"The engine sounds to be a 330

"The engine sounds to be a 330 Dagenham manufactured in the 60's. Blocks are no longer available and some spare parts and gaskets "are" available. No manuals available. We do have a parts book we use in the shop.
www.bomacmarine.com
866-419-6363"

Thanks Doug and Greg for the

Thanks Doug and Greg for the information.
Doug is your information Australia based?
Do you have any names of likely Ag machinery parts suppliers in Australia? I gather the wet liners are a replaceable part that I will most likely require. I would love to find out if these are still available.

Back