Logo

AQ145A fuel pump prime

"El:
I think we have to do wi

"El:
I think we have to do with an alien, his planet and our planet.
I think I stay on our planet!
wink.gif
"

El:
Hi is definitely living u

El:
Hi is definitely living up to his username.
It is something '-fishy' going on.

"I frequent several boating fo

"I frequent several boating forums and have for years. (some 16,000+ posts... not all technical... some fun stuff too)
I see mis-information posted occasionally.
For example; the advice to Tim about changing prop hands is lacking information.
In many cases, it's the duty of members to point this out if the mis-information (or incomplete information) could cost someone performance or hard cash!!!! But this is best served if done politely and constructively.

It just happened to catch my attention that Brian's remark was a little out of the ordinary for THIS forum.... (of which is one of the more pleasant boating/marine related forums that I have visited).
No need to jab at each other, IMO, unless you are clearly on good terms and understand the intent.

Brian, from reading a few of these other threads, it appears that you make a habit of stirring the pot!
I'd suggest keeping it serious unless you are absolutely certain that a joke is (a) in order, (b) the recipient understands the "guest" of it and (c) that the "on-looking group" does so as well.

I just read a few of Brian's posts from the other threads. I won't quote you, Brian, but your passive/aggressive approach is certainly visible.
A passive/aggressive approach (look it up if you do not know the meaning) serves NO ONE!
In fact, we remove our disguise the moment that we do this!

The genuine users of this board, and in very short order, will know who to trust and what information being offered is trust worthy.

This ME.com community should be grateful for the likes of El P, Morten, Robert and a few more who's names escape me at the moment!
Keep up the good work!

."

"RE: "This ME.com communit

"RE: "This ME.com community should be grateful for the likes of El P, Morten, Robert and a few more "

Wow... I'm honored to be in the same sentence with EL P and Morton... Thanx!"

"[b]Quote: "Yeah dude'

"Quote: "Yeah dude's, Now go back to your cartoons."
I guess it just doesn't stop with this guy, does it?

Robert.... Yeah, it was a typ-o... sorry! LOL

(just kidding you, Robert! It was deliberate!)"

"L.O.L... :)

BTW... al

"L.O.L... :)

BTW... almost finished with my thru transom exhaust (w/inboard mufflers) project. If it would only stop raining!
Hoping to launch next Tues, and post test results shortly thereafter."

"Thank you for your words, Ric

"Thank you for your words, Ricardo. By the way, was by any chance one of the names who escaped you <u>"Ricardo E."</u>
wink.gif
? Well, since you are such a humble guy who would not include himself on the list of major valuable contributors to the forum, well....I'll do it for you.
thumbs_up.gif
"

"Do ya mean it's ended? No

"Do ya mean it's ended? No more installments?? Rats!!It was getting better than the daytime soaps
biggrin.gif
Let's just say, when it comes to listening to someone's advice, I know who I listen to! I don't think I'm alone
sun.gif
"

Too much spice in one dish and

Too much spice in one dish and you loose the taste.
Afraid we may have to wait for the next one.
I just wonder if Dave got his 'problem' solved in all this?

"Wow! What a popular thread. [

"Wow! What a popular thread.

So I grabbed a priming bulb and connected the bulb to the pump, and into a gascan. After I primed up the bulb, and cranked over the motor, it seemed to wanna fire off instead of just cranking and cranking with no change. If I continued to crank it while priming it, it would almost start, but would act like it either got a bit starved for gas or flooded I guess.

So since That's definitely a step in the right direction, as opposed to nothing it was doing except cranking before... that points to fuel pump, yes?"

"Well, keep in mind that it [b

"Well, keep in mind that it DID NOT Actually Start, correct?
Not much need to crank the engine over while pumping the primer bulb, IMO.
It does not take much to fill the float bowl... and once full, she should fire off IF that was your only problem!

But in answer to your question, it "may" point to a fuel pump, and it certainly will point to a starter motor in the not so distant future if you don't solve this problem.
Starter motors like engines that fire off rather quickly.
Come to think of it.... Batteries do also!
happy.gif

."

Back