Logo

GAUGES

coach_j

"HEY GUYS I NEED SOME SERIOUS

"HEY GUYS I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP WITH MY GAUES, THE FIRST GAUGE (FUEL) WILL ONLY WORK WHEN THE NAV. LIGHTS ARE ON, I WOULD LIKE IT TO BE ON WHEN THE SWITCH IS IN THE ON POSITION,(2ND) QUESTION IS THE TACH. ON MY BOAT THEIR IS A LITTLE 2 WIRE PLUG COMING OUT OF THE CONTROL BOX UNDER THE KEY, ONE WHITE WIRE, AND A GREEN/YELLOW WIRE....IS THE GRN/YELLOW WIRE THE SIGNAL WIRE THAT WILL RUN TO THE TACH... I KNOW THE WHITE IS HOT WHEN THE KEY IS TURNED ON. ANY HELP WILL BE GRATEFUL...THANKS"

"We need to know exactly what

"We need to know exactly what engine you're speaking of to advise. However, the following is general information.

Remove fuel gauge wire from light switch and connect it to the "A" terminal of the ignition switch.

That plug under the ignition switch should be a three (3) socket plug, not two (2). The wires should be Purple, Black, and Gray.

Purple = 12v
Gray = Tach sensor
Black = Ground

Thousands of parts in my remaining stock. Not able to list them all. Let me know what you need and I'll look it up for you. Visit my eBay store at:

http://stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store"

"OK GUYS, IT'S A 1993 88SP

"OK GUYS, IT'S A 1993 88SPL. EVINRUDE..THE PLUG UNDER THE KEY ON THE CONTROL BOX, ONLY HAS 2 WIRES, THE 2 I SPOKE OF, IT HAS NEVER HAD NO MORE THAN THAT, THE OTHER HOLE IS PLUGGED OFF, AND THEIR IS NO OTHER PINS IN THE PLUG, JUST THE 2....WIRES GRN/YEL AND WHITE"

Back