Logo

AQ131B spark plug firing order

"Hi guys.... I had my boat ser

"Hi guys.... I had my boat serviced at a small shop cause the carb needed to be cleaned, while there he said i had the firing order wrong and reconfigured it to show 1,3,4,2 but he said #1 was at the stern as opposed to the bow... Is that correct? I had it set up previously to show plug hole 1 being in the front towards the bow.

It now sounds like it wants to start but doesnt. Please let me know your thoughts before I try changing the plug configuration on the distributor cap.

I appreciate it."

#1 is the closest to the bow.

#1 is the closest to the bow. Now ask yourself: how did the boat run in the past if the firing order was wrong???

"Good to go on the plug wires.

"Good to go on the plug wires. I got it to run now, when i throttle forward past 4000 rpms and pull back to idle it wants to stall. It runs ok on idle but wandering if the timing is off, the crank was lined up to 6 degrees BTDC but I heard someone say it might need to be straight up @ 10 degrees.... thoughts?"

"You may need to readjust your

"You may need to readjust your idle mixture and idle speed.

10º BTCD is correct if you use mid-grade gasoline or higher octane. For regular, stick to 6º BTDC."

The link was very helpful. I&#

The link was very helpful. I'm going to talk to my neighbor who has a timing light and i will check the idle adjustment on the carb. from there it sounds like i should be good to go. Have been able to start it two days in a row in the yard.

If it ever stops raining we'll take it to the lake to test.

thanks

Back