Logo

57 gl electric choke cuircit

sosahoe

"I an getting no voltage (

"I an getting no voltage (between 0-1V) at choke wire on carb. Any help on the wiring diagram or common failures? I do not have documentation available, if you have a link to any resources, it would be appreciated. The forum searches were no help. Also any feedback on best spark plug selection for same engine at high altitude?"

The electric choke circuit on

The electric choke circuit on my 5.7 is on the same supply as the feed to the ignotion coil
If you have a feed to your ignition coil OK when you turn on the ignition switch the same feed should also go to your electric choke. I think the wires are spliced together within the loom on mine.
Check for continuity. Could be a broken wire?

"Go to this link

[url=""]ht

"Go to this link

http://www.volvo.com/volvopenta/global/en-gb/marine_leisure_engines/engines/out_ of_production_engines/out_of_production_engines.htm

and download the owner's manual for the model you are looking for. The AQ series include wiring diagrams.

The information that Gordon gave you is correct, that is how most of the electric chokes are wired in older VP V6 and V8 engines.

I never heard of different brands of spark plugs performing better or worse at different altitudes. I am using NGK YR5 (5334) in my 350."

"First. Thanks for the replies

"First. Thanks for the replies. I was able to trace the wire from the choke. It connects directly to the top of the alternator. The voltage at that source is not going too 12 volts? The link (very appreciated) and other research would not provide me with any details about trouble shooting. Is it possible this is an alternator problem? What voltage would I expect at the back of the alternator (very top connector, I can get a pic if needed)??"

There is a good wiring diagram

There is a good wiring diagram on page A-47 in the seloc manual
Definately showing the choke wire on same supply as the feed to the ignition coil
Trust this is helpful

Back