Logo

99 chrysler

paulboy2006

"Hello

Just got a 9.9 chrys

"Hello

Just got a 9.9 chrysler.. trying to get new coils and wires for it... the model number is 92HA, any idea what year she is??

thankyou

Paul"

"1970? wow lol!! older than me

"1970? wow lol!! older than me
lol.gif

well I am having problems with it... The puller is pretty hard to pull, and im not sure if im getting a Spark... its not run for 3 years evidently... when u turn the flywheel the prop Moves round easy. So im sure its electrical. I put in new ngk plugs, but i cant renew the wires as they are interconnected with the damn coils.. and i cant get new coils anywhere!! please help

paul"

The OEM number for that COIL W

The OEM number for that COIL WITH LEAD WIRE is A11231

...but it doesn't seem to show up anywhere as an avialable part.

"damn thats what i was affraid

"damn thats what i was affraid of...

so i pulled the plugs and left the wires atached, pulled the cord and sure enuff there isnt a spark. So what do i look at now? u know if the coils are the same on a different engine?

Paul"

Have the coils tested by a sho

Have the coils tested by a shop.Both coils bad ???? No i think you need to test your goodies.

"have you taken the flywheel o

"have you taken the flywheel off? motor may have a stop button, if it does disconnect it."

"hey i got the fly wheel off,

"hey i got the fly wheel off, cleaned the points, and took off the coils/wires... the wires are shot so in turn so are the coils.

1 coil is white, writing on it reads FWM-25000
1 coil is black and reads x14877c

any ideas where i get replacements?"

"well i cut the wires off at t

"well i cut the wires off at the very top of the coils, and soldered new spark plug wire on, and reinsulated it with heavy insulation tape and rubber wire casing. along with new Plugs, Plug ends and boots, she should be running tommorow!"

"NOPE!!! im at the end of my t

"NOPE!!! im at the end of my teather... it just will NOT create a spark. pull it all day long and nothing

cleaned the points, new plugs, wires, fuel line, new pull string..... What could be malfunctioning to not create a spark???"

"BY default I own a Chrysler O

"BY default I own a Chrysler Outboard Corp. engine, cover says 12.9 and plate says 9.9 Model 98B9A.

I would be interested in the year of MFG and if Owners manuals are available anywhere?

Thanks, John"

"OK so i just gapped the Point

"OK so i just gapped the Points the recommended .020... STILL nothing

THERE MUST BE SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT SEELS PARTS... they cant just have disapeared.... PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS TYPE OF THING, I NEED A SPARK TO MAKE IT RUN, THE ONLY THING I HAVENT RENEVER OR REPAIRED IS THE COILS... WHERE IN GODS NAME CAN I FIND THEM?"

"Capt John urs is a 1979, and

"Capt John urs is a 1979, and theres no owners manual for it, just a service and repair manual

John do me a favour and email me a picture of ur coils under the flywheel please???? they might be interchangeable [email protected]"

"Capt John,

Paul is right,

"Capt John,

Paul is right, that is a 1979. We sell the service and parts manuals here on this site.

Paul,

For parts you could try calling Sherwood Taylor at Discount Marine Parts 248-588-0633."

If you know how wires work you

If you know how wires work you can install any coil to any engine. It would be probably safe for diagnostics with open cover. I have installed coils from different cars. Get cheap tester and repair manual. It should be fun working on outboard engine compairing to car engines.

"Well i found a younger but sa

"Well i found a younger but same engine 45 minutes away as a donor engine... Ive spent the last 4 days rebuilding th enewer engine, swapping parts from one to the other too create 1 good engine, So far its going really weill, allll new gaskets (mad made alot of them) new fuel pump diafram, Carbretter cleaned out, its basicaly going to be how it came from the factory minus some paint!! i also made it into a shaort shaft for my application. Should be running tommorrow (the donar engines fired up once but died so i know it sparks just fine)

Paul"

Back