Logo

Chrysler Motor Identification Help

D

Dale H.

"Bought a used boat and motor.

"Bought a used boat and motor. Previous owner said he thinks the motor is around a 9 hp Chrysler. The motor has been painted and I can't find a plate anywhere, inside or out, that lists model number or serial number. Local boat shop said he thinks it's a 70's 9.9 hp. Here are the numbers that I could get from various areas in the motor:
50150-2, MT91B, 197038-1, 197032-1, 23518, on the inside of the engine cowling B-1682, and stamped on the recoil WICO The Prestolite Co. Any help in identifying this motor specifically model and year, would be greatly appreciated. I'm in need of a prop and without these key pieces of information I'm at a loss."

"I think those are casting num

"I think those are casting numbers. For the most part, '70s motors had the serial plate riveted to the starbord side belly pan, inside the engine compartment. Sometimes, the plate was riveted to the underside of the belly pan.

If you can send me a pic, I may be able to match it to the parts manuals I have."

"Ok, I'm pretty ignorant t

"Ok, I'm pretty ignorant to outboards. What's a belly pan? I'll see if I can secure a picture and post it up. Thanks for your assistance."

"Just bought an old Chrysler 5

"Just bought an old Chrysler 55, 2 cycle. SN is 6113, Model is 555 HC... It is mated with a 14'6" Seaswirl, HIN 414502 DC

Can you tell me what year it was made in..."

"Dale, the belly pan is the lo

"Dale, the belly pan is the lower cowl -- it's the wide cast aluminum pan that the fiberglass cowl attaches to.

Tom, that model number doesn't match a Chrysler #. Please double check"

"Ken, I'm still in need o

"Ken, I'm still in need of some assistance. No id plate on the belly pan. Think I found where the id plate was, but it is missing. Ordered a prop from IBoats that I thought would work based on assumptions. I was wrong. Here are some links to a few pics. We need to get a prop and well, we're running into dead ends. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.vaturkey.com/boardimages/boat/DSCF1582.JPG

http://www.vaturkey.com/boardimages/boat/DSCF1585.JPG

http://www.vaturkey.com/boardimages/boat/DSCF1588.JPG"

"my friend has one of these, m

"my friend has one of these, montgomery wards sea king model #vwb27909b serial # 86x20580

it is 1968, engine plate says 8hp but elsewhere on it it says 9.2 hp. it looks exactly the same as your pictures. we have not been able to find much info for it on the internet.

i'd suggest taking it to some good marine dealer selling chrysler/force parts. he amy be able to get you a propeller.

Ron"

"Well, not sure if we want to

"Well, not sure if we want to sell parts from the motor or not. Really just want to find a prop as the motor runs just fine. Still unable to find a prop. So, if you want to sell a prop, I may be interested or we might be interested in selling you the whole motor for parts. You can email me at [email protected] if you're interested."

Here's the deal... I need

Here's the deal... I need a recoil/rope starter and a gear shift mechanism and I got a prop.

You need a prop.

so either I sell you mine or you sell me yours.

So for a hundred bucks plus shipping mine goes your way or yours comes my way.

Where are you located ?

Im in Peterborough Ontario Canada...postal code K9J-8K3

"I'm located in Roanoke, V

"I'm located in Roanoke, VA postal code 24019. Don't think I'm interested in buying your whole motor for parts. I'll think on selling mine for $100.00 plus shipping."

Roanoke VA....Holy cow ! I gu

Roanoke VA....Holy cow ! I guess it would be cost prohibitive as I'm in Peterborough Ontario Candada......Anyone in Ontario Canada with these parts ???

Got a 1970 chrysler outboard looking for a new recoil pull and all that good stuff ? For decent price looking to get mine up and running

Here's a pic of the starting system. It should match your starter. Pick the pieces you need??? Then post them and Ill look up the part numbers.
Then you can look on this site or boatsdotnet or ebay to find the pieces..

1713781135308.png

Back