Logo

Manuals

firstboat

"I have a 1964 RK-26S, 40hp Jo

"I have a 1964 RK-26S, 40hp Johnson, I was able to find a Manual for a RD-26, but really have no idea what the differnce between the two are."

"Clayton,

Which manual are

"Clayton,

Which manual are you refering to? Service, owner/operators, or parts?

We do list manuals for the RK-26. See this link.

The service manual would be the same, it is the JOHNSON 10th EDITION which covers 1946-64 2.5 - 40HP."

"Its the owners manual, I can

"Its the owners manual, I can get it real cheap but its for the RD-26 and don't know if it will be of any use to me."

This could be a manual for the

This could be a manual for the electric shift motor or the standard shift. I thought that 65 was the first model year for the electric shift but I could be wrong about that. Anyway most of the information is the same except for the gear case and shifter. Good luck.

"so then probably mantance ide

"so then probably mantance ideas, plug, type & gaps, posible running problems (mine is it just won't idle, runs great around the lake), and mabey some wireing diagrams, (mine is just a mess), was owned by an old farmer that did most of the work himself and by the time the wires get to the front of the boat they are all the same color, any idea how frustrating that is to figure out. hehe."

"use the "continuity teste

"use the "continuity tester" function of a good multimeter and label each end of each wire with a piece of masking tape or duct tape maked with a bold pen or marker of some kind. Actually, only the ends of the wires need to be "coded"--buy several different colors of nail polish and use that to color code your wires--its basically lacquer--drys fast and is fairly tough--"

"Clayton,you can also purchase

"Clayton,you can also purchase wiring labels numbered 1--9.You can get them through---Cable organizer.com.They`re a little pricey--about $12 a roll,but there is enough on a small dispenser to last quite a while,and you can keep them in your toolbox.They work great for dash work in automobiles so I imagine they would work in your situation. For what it`s worth
citoriboy"

Back