Logo

1950bs Sea King 12

oneeigthty

I recently took her apart and

I recently took her apart and realized it needs a new impeller.Im thinking it might be part number 18-3002.Her model number is 15gg-9018.Its a 12 horse motor.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

"Your motor is a 1952, made by

"Your motor is a 1952, made by the Gale division of OMC, so they won't likely have any record of it at your local outboard dealership. If your impeller is indeed a 18-3002, then it will match one for a 25 HP Johnson/Evinrude from 1969-1978, which they will have information on.
You can always try bringing your old one with you and comparing it.
Good luck."

"Mr.Rowlinson,I was thinking t

"Mr.Rowlinson,I was thinking that maybe the previous owner might have substituted the 18-3002 in place of the original.Ill take your advice and take it to the local Outboard mechanic and see if he can maybe help me figure this out.Thanks for the advice."

1952 12hp Gale/SeaKing

Impe

1952 12hp Gale/SeaKing

Impeller (OMC) part nmber 375638

Impeller (Sierra) part number 18-3002

One more questoin on this moto

One more questoin on this motor.Is the knob between the gas tank and he motor itself the actual throttle?It has a twist knob on the end of the tiller handle that say start in the middle and slower on the one end faster on the other.

"I bought a 1954-10 HP Johnson

"I bought a 1954-10 HP Johnson motor ,I installed a carb kit,here is my problem,no mater where i set the float ,when i pump the fuel bulb and open the high-speed needle valve fuel pours out of the high-speed nozzle .is there something im overlooking."

"Either the air vent leading t

"Either the air vent leading to the float chamber is plugged (ant or bee nests), OR the float level is wrong, OR the float is saturated, OR you didn't install a new float needle valve (shut off valve).

(Carburetor Float Setting)
(J. Reeves)

With the carburetor body held upside down, the float being viewed from the side, adjust the float so that the free end of the float (the end opposite the hinge pin) is ever so slightly higher (just ever so slightly off level) than the other end. And when viewed from the end, make sure it is not cocked.

When time permits, visit my store at: http://stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store"

Back