Logo

75hp Chrysler

ahodge

"I have a 75hp chrysler, But I

"I have a 75hp chrysler, But I need to know what year it is. All I can find on the motor is 85010
and underneath that is 67. they are no id plates
anywhere on it."

"Alex,

The 85010 doesn'

"Alex,

The 85010 doesn't seem to match anything for a 75HP... it should have a model number like 757HD or one of the numbers shown here.

You could try posting a picture of it here, someone might be able to give you an approximate year from a photo.

"

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
17551.jpg

17552.jpg

17553.jpg
"

'Hello mate. i have the ex

'Hello mate. i have the exact same outboard engine on my boat. I think it is an 1980 model because i also have an auxilary fitted which i know is an 80 model. i don't know exactly what year model is because the serial number is missing. it is very annoying because i want to order some parts for it. If someone tells you what year and model could you please e-mail me as i am dying to know. i looked on the section where you can order manuals for specific boats. for 80 models there are more than 1 type. they are 756 h10 or 758 h0. i have other models and years but i am sure its an 80 model. i notice that your fuel pump is missing. i had a problem with mine. there was fuel gushing out the exhaust and i thought it was the needle and seat. i replaced that and it still happened. i took the bowls off the carbies and no fuel was leaking into the carbs but still pissing out the exhaust. because i didn't have a manual i couldn't figure it out until someone said that the diaphragm in the pump when worn will let fuel straight into the engine. it would run but use heaps of fuel. i can't get the diaphragm cause i don't have the serial number or know the year. the wreckers don't have old chryslers either. really annoys me. know i am thinking about blocking off the ports where the piston pressure and vaccum actuate the diaphram and using an electric fuel pump to supply the fuel. i also have a problem with my starter where the brush holders have broken when i pulled it apart to test it with my multimeter cause it wouldn't work. if the auto elec cant rewind it ant get a brush holder to fit in it i am gunna sell it cause the starter is half price of something slightly newer and more common. Anyway the diaphragm i am gunna use a fuel resistant diaphram application rubber and it will be dirt cheap otherwise i will use the electric fuel pump out of an old car from the wreckers. if you can help me with the model and year that would be great. good luck

I have some more additional in

I have some more additional info that may help someone identify the year and make ok the engine. there are part numbers on different parts of the engine. carby pt no 498061.1 or wb26b612. cylinder block pt no k101562 or 2.438 the flywheel pt no 2.975 or x18000. the starter motor was missing the part no but has type mkw-4002. my engine looks exactly the same as the one above. please help

"Close only counts in horsesho

"Close only counts in horseshoes........

The serial plate on Chryslers is almost always on the belly pan, starboard side. That would put it in the area of the bypass covers, below the coil.

Putting on the plate seems to be a step that was often missed in the assembly process. I've seen a few where the tag was missing entirely, or fastened to the underside of the belly pan, directly under where it should have been on the inside."

Back