Logo

Wanting to make my boat better Suggestions

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
171265.jpg
"

"Pretty darn fine lookin boat,

"Pretty darn fine lookin boat, not sure if there's much to do to it. Nice job on the sun pad and swim platform. Can't see the dash too good, how does it look? Have you thought about sprucing it up some? This guy sometimes has good deals on replacement dash or gauge sets...just a thought since you seem to have some money burning a hole in your pocket
lol.gif

http://www.greatlakesskipper.com/subcategories.cfm?CatID=57"

"anyone know what a wake tower

"anyone know what a wake tower would look like on my boat? and the cost would be? This is a good clean boat as you can see, its been garaged kept since day one, and then babyed by the previous owner. Its never seen one rain drop.. lol.. Its just too damn old for my taste right now, and I want a wow factor response from people besides, just what I always get.. "Thats a nice old boat" is what people say.. I want people to be like.. man.. thats awesome, or baddass.. or something to that effect.. not just.. Nice old Boat man.

Get where I am going with this?

Stereo upgrades will be a must.. being the only stereo now is my dewalt stereo from work... lol.

The reason I have 5 grand to spend is for a bonus I will be getting in 3 months.

The new swimdeck is a deck by Plasteak, its plastic to look like new teak.

The old one was really scratched up.

anyways.. thanks guys in advance for you ideas."

"by the way, the black seal ar

"by the way, the black seal around the outdrive, the real big one that fills the hole in the boat where the motor comes through.

I had that replaced when I bought the boat."

I checked that out Bob.. will

I checked that out Bob.. will that work with my dash being flat? I really like his guages but mine are all flat like in an old car. They light up bright red.. Kinda wish they were blue for some reason.

"I think even if you put a wak

"I think even if you put a wake tower on with big speakers your still going to end up with a "nice old boat" with a new tower on it. The shape is dated, the fact that the swim platform is bolt on instead of moulded in, the square windshield instead of a curved one, the hull color, etc. If it was me I would seriously think about trying to sell it and put the $5k with that and buy something newer, I think there's going to be a lot for sale this year with gas going the way it is!

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying bad mouth your boat (it seems to be in excellent shape) just putting my 2 cents worth!"

what do you think it would be

what do you think it would be worth Bob? honestly.. cause all i could find in books was about 2300.00 and I think its worth a little more than that.. but finding a new owner who wants to pay might be the biggest problem huh?

"I agree with Bob. Unless you

"I agree with Bob. Unless you take pride in having the cleanest 25 year old boat around your probably better off to sell it and buy a newer rig. There are a lot of nice boats for sale in my area right now as I'm sure thats the case everywhere. I know quite a few people in the town where it was built. I'll show the pics around if you like. May be an ex-Arrow Glass employee around that would like to have it and be willing to pay more than some. Have you checked the transom , stringers, and floor like HyStat suggested? Don't really have to drill, just tap around with a hammer and you can tell if it is solid. It would be rare for there not to be some rot going on, but from what you've said of the boats history, not impossible."

"No rot anywhere.. I would hon

"No rot anywhere.. I would honestly say that this boat probably in 25 years maybe seen 15 days per year in the water.. that gives it a total of 375 days being used out of 25 years.

Actually the carpet was the only thing replaced on this boat, prior to my purchase. THe boat had a full exam then.

Marada, what do you think its worth? do not tell people a price if anyone asks, just let them know its going to be more than 5 grand, because of the ammount I spent on it, and the purchase cost. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Honestly I would like to have an I/O pontoon boat. I like having more room, and the beam on this boat is rather narrow, I would say wall to wall maybe 6 feet."

Hard to say it's worth. De

Hard to say it's worth. Depends on the buyer really. NADA says $2200. From what I've seen for sale in newer boats and the prices I think $5000 may be tough to get....but you just never know.

"THink I might find a person

"THink I might find a person that has a pontoon boat, they had might want to trade? Then I could sink 5 grand into a nice playpen, seats, and stereo, and new carpet, and grill, and have what I want, -power.

I was just looking at the premier pontoon boats. They look sweet, and the fast one, gtx or something like that, is just WOW..

It handles better than my boat, and has up to 600hp ..

That is just crazy, you can see it towing 6 skiers on their site.

Anyone know what this cost? 50,000+?"

"[url=""]http://us.a2.yahoofs.

"http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_12674795/b4ea/__sr_/1808.jpg"?grgwwTIBub2pPj1o

Check out that link.. I photoshopped that..
Think that would turn some heads? and give a wow factor?

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_12674795/b4ea/__sr_/b6f5.jpg"?grgwwTIBdK1LUO96

There is another one...

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_12674795/b4ea/__sr_/8675.jpg"?grgwwTIBUUQfsdGz

Check that one out too..

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_12674795/6e27/__sr_/d487.jpg"?grgwwTIBfj3SULrn

the above one.. is of it with a wake tower.. come to think of it, I think its kinda cheesy? what do you think?"

I bet that boat is pretty quic

I bet that boat is pretty quick with a 5.0 in it. Good job restoring it. I think you should paint some flames on the side.

"Bud, its top speed is 55mph..

"Bud, its top speed is 55mph.. the original owner told me 65, but I have never been able to see that.. How accuracte is that little thing that drags through the water? did you look at the links above to different paintjobs Bud?"

"on another boat, then I cut i

"on another boat, then I cut it out, and added the speakers.. I just looked for a boat facing the same way, then used its tower."

"Don't know how accurate t

"Don't know how accurate those older pitot tube pick-ups are (little thing that drags through the water), but if I had to guess, I would say probably not very accurate. It might be, but mine was always reading wrong. 55 MPH is very respectability speed for a boat. I doubt it would do 65. Maybe if you took all the weight out of it, was on glass smooth water, just a few gallons of fuel and no passengers. The flames on the side of the boat should give you an additional 10 MPH."

"So be honest... who thought t

"So be honest... who thought the shark graphics with all the blood in the above post was a little much? lol...

But you must say, It would be a great attention getter."

"Derick:
Its a really nice lo

"Derick:
Its a really nice looking older boat.... but the $5k you put into it would never be returned to you upon resale. My advice, keep the boat, spend $3k on a nice new 60" big screen, $2k on some bling for the wife...and you'll both be happy.
haha, Ken"

the 5 grand total that I have

the 5 grand total that I have referred to includes purchase price. + 200.00 of my own money towards upgrades..

Back