Logo

Mercury lower unit

J

jasonsolar

"i have a 1983 150 mercury a f

"i have a 1983 150 mercury a few weeks back i was riding on the lake and it just stop going like if i losted my prop.but it was still on .i did not hit not a thing ,i still can turn the prop in with my hand in neau. do yall think it is all the gears r just one and if so which one?PS.....when the motor is running the prop turns slow in gear no crushing sounds need help .ty"

is it still pumping water? tha

is it still pumping water? that will let you know if it is the top shaft or if it is lower assembly

yes .it goes in gear like it s

yes .it goes in gear like it support to .ANDlower unit have old

Have the prop checked by someo

Have the prop checked by someone who knows! The rubber slipclutch may have let go.

I had that happen on a 115 evi

I had that happen on a 115 evinrude and it was a broke drive shift. it still pump water because it broke at the bottom of the pump

"Hi all,
The lower unit of a

"Hi all,
The lower unit of a 35HP (1984) Mercury won't come off from the intermediate housing, it can only be seperated by about 1/2 inches when all the screws, bolts and locknuts are removed. Anyone ever has a similar problem solved or any ideas what is holding it back? I put the gearshift in all posible positions but it still refused to come off.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Joe"

Back