Logo

Mercury Identification

Can someone please post a link

Can someone please post a link to a place that has cross reference so I can get the Model and year from my engine serial number? Thanks.

"i got the year. I'm prett

"i got the year. I'm pretty certain its a 93...I really want to know the model. The serial number is OD206574. There is also what looks to be a manuf. date stamped on the power head of "7 19 1992".I found a table online that says that its an XR6 EFI. I know thats not right because its carbeurated. thanks, I'll take a look at your link."

motor is a 150cxr standard car

motor is a 150cxr standard carbed 150 25" sold new on 11-12-1993 in jupiter fl.only warrenty work was a p/t assy replacement

Info on Mariner 40HP Magnum en

Info on Mariner 40HP Magnum engine. Engine looks new but I know it is an older engine. Runs great too.
My question is this; After not using it for a year I have forgot if I should see water coming out near the top of the engine like most outboards have. Right now with the flusher ears on I only see water out of the center of the prop. After running for 1 minute or less and shutting down there is a little exaust smoke from a hole where I think I should be seeing water coming from when the engine is running.
Having sit for a year might have something froze up. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Best regards
Sonny
Please contact by email

"Thanks for the reply Graham,

"Thanks for the reply Graham, my suspecion also.
When you are 72 years old your memory does funny things. I can't find the boat title or engine manual either.
Thanks again for your help.
Sonny"

Back