Logo

MERCRUISER 30L RUNNING VERY VERY RICH HELP

"[b]Thanks everyone for your h

"Thanks everyone for your help It worked, I Finaly recieved a responce today from him claiming he hadn't heard back from me.
Here is the email he sent me today through ebay

Dear rc_wholesale_r,

the last time you emailed me, i wrote back giving you some pointers to what
to do, i find it unfair that you are telling everyone i havent responded.for
what i know maybe your problem is somewhere else.i make those carburetors
to factory specs and yours has been the only one that "supposely" has problems.writw
back and tell me if what i told u what to do fixed it."

"[b]Here is the second email h

"Here is the second email he sent

for your info.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Failure to respond
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 11:36:06 -0800

i dont apreciate your email telling me i dont deal with my customers,the only person i can imagine is on australia and i have sent him several messages thru ebay about his problem,so before stating that i dont handle my customers i think you should 1st email me and ask me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
Subject: Failure to respond
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:44:03 -0500

Customer Service: [email protected]

A friend of mine in Austrailia recently bought a carburetor from your firm. Many of us have tried to help him with what you sent him; an apparently defective and/or wrong carburetor. He has expressed your lack of responce to his numerous emails. I am a senior member of a world-wide Marine Engine Advisory Board with thousands of members around the globe that read the marine engine problem discussions posted daily. I thought you should know your company's name has been getting mentioned as one with a "less than responsive customer service". I am disapointed about your choosing to ignore his emails, your "company's less than responsive customer service" and failure to respond and remedy your mistake in a timely manner.

GuyG

I will email him now that his email has started to work again and advise him what I have found wrong with the 5.7l carby he sent me"

"[b]Here is proof he hasn'

"Here is proof he hasn't responded to the paypal claim I submitted on the 12/12/07 after having no responce to my emails, you can see in the status that it says waiting for seller's responce

145522.jpg
"

"[b]This is the email I have j

"This is the email I have just sent to him, I will let you guys know the reply I get. thanks again everyone that emailed him for all your help, I might now get a positive outcome hopefully.

Hi,
thanks for your response,
I have sent you several emails asking for help and advice as I have been sent the wrong carby, the last time I heard from you was when you suggested the fuel pressure was a problem, I responded and advised the fuel pressure was within specs, what I have since found out is the carby you have sent me is for a 5.7L v8 engine which explains why it is running so rich, it fouls the plugs in about 10mins. The number on the side of the carby is 807312 which is for a 5.7L engine not a 807504 carby for a 3.0L engine that you said you would send, As I didn't hear back from you for what ever reason, I removed the top of the carby and found it to have a .9 power valve and 1.65mm main jets which are both for the 5.7L engine. the 3.0L engine is meant to have .65 power valve and 1.45 main jets, I also found out today from a carby shop that the ventury is matched to a 5.7L carby and would also have to be changed for it to be suitable for my motor. Can you please send me the correct carby or send me a refund and I will ship back the carby you sent me.
I have sent this to both your email accounts to avoid any possible communication problems

Thanks Justin"

"[b]WE HAVE COMMUNICATION !!!!

"WE HAVE COMMUNICATION !!!!!!, I got a reply this morning, I will remove my carby today and send it back, I hope we can get the correct one organised soon as I am keen to get this boat on the water.

To: Justin
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2007 2:26 AM
Subject: RE: warranty issue

hello justin, i think that the 1st thing you should of done is emailed me 1st before telling all thses people bad things about me,the damage has been done, so what i need is for you to send me the carb back so i can review it with the shop and then or send you a original mercab or me personaly make one for that engine size you need. the carb body are used from 305 and 350 motors but the inside should have been for your correct engine size.i cannot send you another carb or any of the options you mention but the one im saying,box it up and send it back.

p.s. we both are taking a loss, but i will get to the bottom of this.

thanks"

"Put your saltwater carb back

"Put your saltwater carb back together enough to take pics and send the pics to him. Or, include the old carb for them to match the carb especially the fuel inlet. Tell him, if you want, that we'll post his remedy and that he does back his carbs. when all is said and done."

"[b]"hello justin, i think

""hello justin, i think that the 1st thing you should of done is emailed me 1st before telling all thses people bad things about me,the damage has been done,"

Ayuh,........

You Should include a note to Hector, telling him that the 1000s of members here are more than willing to turn this thing around,+ Give Him alot of Free advertizing, about how Great a Guy he is,+ how He'll go to the ends of the earth to make a Mistake,.....
Right..........."

"Me thinks Hector speaks w/a f

"Me thinks Hector speaks w/a forked tongue! I'm willing to give praise when it is earned. But, a turd still stinks even when you paint it gold!"

"[b]<font size=""+1"">MERRY CH

"<font size=""+1"">MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !!!</font>

Thanks everyone for all your help, I have been talking to hector about him sending me the correct carby, He thinks The one I recieved was incorrectly packaged as he aggrees I did infact recieve one for the 5.7 motor, I am going to send it back to him in the new year, so I can atleast use my rebuilt boat for a few days of my hollidays. For the mean time I Have cable tied the choke open and it seems to start ok like that, It still runs very ritch at idle and has a flat spot from idle to 1/4 throttle, after that it seems ok. Hector has asked me to see if this entire post can be erased as he believes our communication problem was my emails not getting through to his inbox ?? I told him I don't think it can be erased but I would be happy to tell everyone how good the correct carby is once I recieve it and test it, I also told him I would tell everyone how he stands by his workmanship and resolved the issue as quickly as possable. Once all is done.

I have one other question for you guys if any of you have any ideas.

I took the boat out for its first run after the full rebuild, I am having problems with the steering locking up if it is left in the same postion for more than 5 seconds, It feels like the hydrolic assistance is locking it in one position, The problem doesn't happen if you are moving the steering wheel, even if you move it slowly from side to side only once it has been in the same position for more that 5 seconds,It can lock in any position, it requires alot of effort to move it out of that position once it is locked in there, once it is free it moves smoothly again. It doesn't seem to be effected by revs, I have also tried it hooked up to a garden hose and can't reproduce the fault, I have tried it with the engine off in the water and it moves smoothly. The only main component in the steering that wasn't replaced was the pump but I wouldn't of thought that would cause a fault like what I am having, I would think more a long the lines of the hydraulic unit being the cause, But it is brand new ??????

The power steering system was completly full of water and I found the power steering control valve to be to badly damaged, I replaced it with a brand new one. I also cleaned the pump out and flushed the power steering cooler and all lines, I then fitted a inline power steering filter and ran the system for 30 mins and flushed the system with 15L of oil, I then replaced the inline filter with another new one. I also replaced the steering cable and all connections to the steering wheel as it was badly rusted.

If anyone has any Ideas or has come across this before I would like to hear from you.

thanks Juz"

"Thanks Guy the ram is brand n

"Thanks Guy the ram is brand new, it was still in unopened packaging, I have bleed the system as per the merc specs, if there is still some air in there I am not sure how to get it out !!!
thanks Justin"

"Sounds like the valve is stic

"Sounds like the valve is sticking. Is the pivot point at the end lubed, connections not jamming?"

"Thanks Guy, I triple checked

"Thanks Guy, I triple checked the valve today, it pivots freely on the two mounting bolts, I checked the pivot point at the end and it has plenty of lube and moves freely, can't see anything wrong at all, hmmm a very werid one, I have flushed another 4L of oil through the system and bleed all the air out of it again 2day, I can't reproduce the fault out of the water for whatever strange reason??, I will put it in the water 2morrow and try and see if I can work out what is going on !!!!!"

How about the OD Pivot pin? W

How about the OD Pivot pin? Well lubed? It sounds like something is hanging up. Look at the rack and pinion under the dash. There may be a chipped tooth causing the pinion to hang on it. You may have to disconnect everything.

"Thanks Guy I will look closer

"Thanks Guy I will look closer at the OD pivot pin before I take it out 2day, The rack and pinion + cable is brand new and I have double checked that there is no damage to either part"

"Hi guy
I had a look at the o

"Hi guy
I had a look at the od pivot pins, they seem to move smoothly, There are no grease nipples on them though, One other thing I noticed today is that at low speed while holding the steering wheel still, it is impossable to keep the boat in a straight line, it steers to the left and then right and keeps repeating untill you go faster then the problem with the steering wheel locking up occurs. The steering wheel feels as if it has excessive free play (1/4 turn of the steering wheel)aswell which I just assumed was normal with the cable set up it has, I traced 95% of the free play to be in the pin connection between the cable and the valve, I have also tried the pin from the old valve and it is the same. is it normal to have a fair amount of free play in the steering and do you think this could be my problem ????
thanks"

Little straight line control a

Little straight line control at near idle speeds is the nature of the beast. You said you did not replace the power steering pump. I am curious if the pressure relief valve in the pump is functioning properly? If it sticks in the open position--pressure relief--then you would lose power to the steering ram until it closes which may be what is happening. You may need to get a set of test gauges to see what the pressure is doing or replace the pump since you have gone over all the mechanicals. Some more thought is needed and input from someone w/more hydraulic knowledge.

Any one heard anything from Ju

Any one heard anything from Juz lately/ I got an email today from Hector at the carb shop. Payment has been stopped on the carb Juz bought there and he hasn't returned the one Hector sent him yet.
Later
Bert

"Very interesting! Perhaps he

"Very interesting! Perhaps he is using the payment as collateral for the 2nd carb (may have problems) or just waiting for a return pickup order on the bad carb.
rofl.gif
I guess he just doesn't trust Hector."

Back