Logo

WONT RUN

stevewat

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. NEED

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. NEED TO CHANGE IGNITION SYSTEM. 5.7 MERC. HAS THUNDERBOLT IV NOW ANY IDEAS.

"GAVE ME PROBLEMS ALL SUMMER.

"GAVE ME PROBLEMS ALL SUMMER. MARINA CHANGED EVERTHING . ALTANATOR COIL STARTER IGNITOR AMP, PLUGS CAP ROTOR.$$$$$$$ BOAT WOULD JUST STOP RUNNING . SATURDAY I PULLED ALL THUNDERBOLT PARTS OFF,PUT A CAR DIST. IN STARTED RIGT UP. 1 WIRE ,COIL IN CAP.I THINK IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE
STEVE"

JW
I TOOK IT OUT OF A 1980 CH

JW
I TOOK IT OUT OF A 1980 CHEVY 350 CI BOLTED RIGH UP. BUT I DONT WANT TO KEEP IN IN. WHAT CAN I REPLACE WITH? NOT TO HAPPY W/THUNDERBOLT TO MANY PARTS AND WIRES.. ANY IDEAS
STEVE

"MARINA CHANGED EVERTHING&

"MARINA CHANGED EVERTHING"

consider patronizing a new mechanic. I'm not a big fan of throwing parts at it hoping to solve the problem - at customer expense. Just a thought.

"I'm in agreement,"Cha

"I'm in agreement,"Change Mechanics". Today's electronics will just quit, run for short times, and anything else you can think of. Unless you have heard of numerous problems with the Thunderbolt system I would replace the ignition module in the original system and continue on. Somebody didn't do their homework before replacing the first part (previous mechanic).
Good Luck"

Back