Logo

Mercury dude help 200 merc efi midrange surge

J

joe johnson

" mercury dude I have a 1996 m

" mercury dude I have a 1996 mercury EFI and it started to have problems. First it did not sound at idle the way it used to. I then changed out plugs and eventually it got to where it would idle in neutral but if you put it in gear and not give it any gas it would just idle lower and lower until it died. I change two of the in line fuel filters and that helped but it seems now when I am on pad, and in mid range on RPM's you can feel the power of the boat let up a bit then kick back in. It only does it at mid range, top end is fine and hole shot are normal. I was told that it was my barometric pressure sensor or map sensor. Where can I go on the net to see a picture of my motor to figuree where those sensors are if in fact that is the problem.
Thank you
Bassman 74701 "

" As long as your serial # con

" As long as your serial # contains a letter, you should be able to find a parts breakdown on your motor at: www.mercurymarine.com
Go to Parts Express and then just follow the menu. You will need the correct serial # of the motor. "

I think it might be the mappi

I think it might be the mapping sensor but how can I test to make sure this is the source of the problem?????????????

Back