Logo

Just got a boat with a Volvo Penta 140hp IOwhat model is it

J

Jerrod

Just got a boat with a Volvo

Just got a boat with a Volvo Penta "140hp" I/O...what model is it?

Is there any way to tell what model engine I have? All the manuals refer to 3 or 4 versions of the engine. Is it listed somewhere on the engine?

Also...I took it to the lake for the first time and it BEGINS to get hot (according to my guage) after running at full speed for about 10 min...is this normal? What can I look at/ replace that commonly causes this type of problem?

Thanks.

"Hello Jerrod,

What year is

"Hello Jerrod,

What year is your boat. Are there any numbers on the carb cover.
Overheating could be from a number of sources.
Have you checked the impeller in the raw water pump? , Thermostat?, Exhaust blockage?.
One of the main problems for overheating on the 4 cyl volvo is the extenal water gooseneck fitting on the outdrive which has the water pickup s-shaped hose connected to it. This hose fitting gets corroded and allows air to pass through with the water, especially at higher RPMs. If you need any other info or parts for your boat please call us at 954-927-2999 or toll free in the U.S. at 1800-748-7739. You can also drop me an email at [email protected]
Thank you, Gabriel Acher - Dania Marine Corp."

"just got a 76-78 19ft reinell

"just got a 76-78 19ft reinell cubby w/ 140hp chevy vovo penta 4cyl, he told me it was an iron duke newly rebilt motor ran grate, sat 2yrs now cant get spark from ciol. tryed every thing to get sprark,nothing. help!!!!!"

"dear mike reese, check for lo

"dear mike reese, check for loose wire at the ignition switch, a wire maybe off, or loose.<center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.marineengine.com/discus/icons/attachment_icon.gif""" align=left alt=""application/octet-stream"">No spark
[url=""][b]Untitled Document.wps[/b][/url] (12.3 k)</td></tr></table></center>"

Back