Logo

B75

seasenor

"I just got a used 7.5 HP Hond

"I just got a used 7.5 HP Honda B75-2005885. It had been sitting for a long time and I had no idea if it would run. I changed both the engine and lower unit oil. It took a lot of pulling, but it finally sputterd and spit out some white smoke. After playing with the choke, it started up and began to purrr. I've since named it kitty kat.

I have two issues that I could use some insight on. (1) The motor still has the factory 2 prong prop. I would really like to replace with a 3 prong prop. According to the user manual http://www.honda-marine.com/owners/OwnerManuals/OM.aspx?modelGroup=BF75hp
the diameter and pitch on the 3 prong prop that came standard on the longer shaft models is 9.4" X 8.3" ~Where can I find a replacement prop that will fit on the Honda B75 prop shaft?~

(2) I couldn't get the engine cover lock lever to tighten so that the engine cover would stay on. Well, I put some muscle into it and the screw broke off in the lever. I do not know why it would not tighten - perhaps it was missing some sort of gasket. Regarless, I need a new lever with washers etc... ~Any idea where I can find a engine cover locking lever with hardware?~

Attempts at searching the internet have been unsuccessful for both of these items. I would greatly appreciate any help.

The good news is that I can still use my jon boat for flounder gigging and teal season, but I would like to spend the money and get set up right!

Thank you,
Sea Senor"

You might find that a JOHNSON

You might find that a JOHNSON prop will fit or can be made to fit (9.5hp or 10hp 1960's )

Back