Logo

Intake and carb for AQ 151

petek

"Hi all. This is my first post

"Hi all. This is my first post here.
I just picked up a project. It's a mid 80's 21' Trophy hard top. It came with a Volvo AQ 131 A. I'll be pulling the motor to do a rebuild, change the exhaust manifold, check out the heat exchanger, and add a Petronics,(sp),ignition kit. I did some digging around, and found out I can bump it up to a 151 by changing the cam, intake and carb. The cam is no problem. I am having trouble finding the 2 barrel intake and carb though. Can anyone here point me in the right direction? Thanks...........Pete"

"I'm not sure what carb yo

"I'm not sure what carb you need, but you can see some choices here.

Maybe someone can post the OEM numbers for the intake and the carb for the AQ151."

"Well I just read the shop man

"Well I just read the shop manual, and there is one other issue in making a 131 into a 151. Pistons need to be changed as well. There are 2 carbs on the 151. So what I am looking for is a dual carb manifold. I can get the carbs at Volpar."

"WOW!!! What a great site. Tha

"WOW!!! What a great site. Thanks El Pescador. Though they don't have the manifold, I can get the pistons from them. I have e-mails, and phone calls out to almost every marine junk yard in the country looking for the manifold. I'm sure I'll find it. This is going to be a fun project."

"If you want a used intake man

"If you want a used intake manifold, there are two places you can try in Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, Canada:

The Anchorage: Phone 250-754-0945. Ask for Sue.

Ocean Marine: Phone 250-754-3931"

Back