Logo

Tilt and trim on 91 Merc 150 XRi electric motor

E

Erik Mash

" The last time we took our bo

" The last time we took our boat out the tilt and trim just decided not to work. The selenoid switches on th motor are clicking but no activity in the electric motor. My question is, are there any tricks to getting the motor off without pulling the motor? It is tucked inside the motor bracket, very hard access. And if not, is there anything to look out for when repairing this motor? We were going to pull it off and take it to a starter rebuild place. Any info qould be greatly appreciated. "

Eric... I don't think its

Eric... I don't think its possible to get the trim unit out without pulling the motor as the unit comes out from the transom side of the boat. Depending on the stlye of your power trim individual parts may not be available and you might end up buying a complete unit. I have a complete one available to me if you can't find one locally. 1 905 835 1774 ask for Dave in service.

"Purchase a 21 foot Pro-line b

"Purchase a 21 foot Pro-line boat with a 200 h/p engine. One of the condition of the sale was that the gauges and the components would be functional.The problem is that the trim gauge was not responding to the engine going up and down. To date a new sending unit kit was installed now the gauge is resting in the up positon when the engine is down, and when the engine is activated in the up position the gauge reading is down. Gauge is responding,however in reverse. Can You E-mail me with a responce urgent still under the warrantee. Thanks [email protected]"

Joseph...It is possible you h

Joseph...It is possible you have the wrong trim sender installed as Mercury has 2 different sending units and one works backwards to the other. It could also be that the sender you have may not be set up correctly. The only other thing I can think of is if the trim gauge is an OMC gauge which will also work backwards to mercury sending unit...GOOD LUCK AND MERRY CHRISTMAS...DJ

Back