Logo

55HP Chrysler Ignition problems

R

Ron Wall

I HAVE A 1979 55HP CHRYSLER W

I HAVE A 1979 55HP CHRYSLER WITH MAGNAPOWER IGNITION SYSTEM. MODEL 559B91 SERIAL NUM.1118 #1 CYLINDER HAS NO SPARK AND I TRACED IT TO THE CD MODULE. T1 IS SHORTED TO GROUND. I FOUND A USED MODULE THAT TESTED O.K. BUT AFTER A FEW MINUTES OF RUNNING #1 CYLINDER QUIT. T1 WAS SHORTED TO GROUND again. I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING THE CD MODULE TO BURNOUT. COULD IT BE THE TRIGGER OR THE CAPACITOR? ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?

"Ron, this was a limited ignit

"Ron, this was a limited ignition system that had endless problems to the point that Chrysler outboards recalled all the outboards they could find that had your ignition system. I hate to tell you this but what you should do is change both triggers, the cd box and the capacitor this should put an end to all your problems and give you years of dependable service. I can help you with all the parts you need. i have been specializing in chrysler outboards for 20+yrs. Also the pistons and engine gasket set are no longer available I am having new gasket sets and pistons made up to replace the obsolete oem parts. Thanks, Bret [email protected]"

"I have 1973 55 hp chrysler an

"I have 1973 55 hp chrysler and wondering fuel consumption at 16 feet speedboat? Thanks, Mehmet"

Back