Logo

68 75hp Johnson super seahorse wiring diagram

rrr

"i have recently purchased thi

"i have recently purchased this motor, it only has three wires as far as i can tell to hook up . one in on the + side but there is two more that goes to the charging system and i need to know where to hook them up at. if anyone has any info that can help me, please respond to this message or to my email. i would like to have a diagram if i could but any information is appreciated. my email is [email protected]"

"Rrr..... What is the model nu

"Rrr..... What is the model number of that engine, and where are these three (3) wires you speak of, and what color are they? Your description of "one on the + side etc etc" really doesn't tell us anything.

Joe
"

the model # of the engine is

the model # of the engine is VXL 14B
the wires are (1) red coming off of coil (+) terminal. (2) yellowish/brown goes up under the flywheel. (3) red it comes out of a round electronic part mounted ot the back of engine there is three wires that run out of this part one of which is the wire (3) the other two run up underneath of the flywheel and are both yellow.

"Rrr... Model # VXl14 is a 196

"Rrr... Model # VXl14 is a 1968 65hp Johnson (not a 75hp) that has Battery Capacitance Discharge ignition (electronic ignition).

The coil should have three wires leading from it, the normal spark plug type wire would lead to the distributor cap. A wire (usually black) with a spade terminal would go to ground. And the last wire (3 - red?) is usually blue and leads to a like colored wire at the pulse pack.

The yellowish brown wires?, if they are connected to the timer base that moves when you apply throttle.... they would be connected to the breaker (ignition) points. They would be connected to like color wires at the pulse pack.

The round electronic part on the back of the engine is the charging Rectifier. The red wire (3)connected to this rectifier would be connected to a 12 volt source. The two yellow wires from the Rectifier lead to the stationary charging stator under the flywheel.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC)"

Back