Logo

Volvo heat exchanger

"I have never transplanted one

"I have never transplanted one, but I am convinced it will fit if you replace it as an assembly; that is, heat exchanger and tank. The bolt patterns are the same in both engines and both engines have the same exhaust manifold and the same water circulating pump. Of course, you will have to keep the AQ145 copper pipes to connect the discharge of the AQ125 heat exchanger to the oil cooler in the AQ145, as the AQ125 does not have an oil cooler."

The reason for my question whi

The reason for my question which i shoild of stated earlier is because there is the item on ebay that i was thinking of getting but i dont realy need the heat exchanger i need the plastic strainer on top of the heat exchanger which looks the same but am not sure.any advise?

"I had a look at the item you

"I had a look at the item you mentioned. If I was in need of the whole exchanger assembly, I would probably bid on it if the price was right. But when it comes to the strainer, I would be a bit more cautious, as it is made in plastic (except for the cap). Years ago, my strainer broke in my AQ140 and, despite having the opportunity of buying 2nd hand, I decided to bite the bullet and pay the <u>outrageous</u> price that the VP dealer asked for a new one. Peace of mind was more important to me than the extra bucks.

Your call.

PS. I think the strainer is identical in both models, but I cannot guarantee it 100%. You may want to check first with a VP dealer in your area."

Thank you for that but i need

Thank you for that but i need tha strainer HOUSING which is expensive part.

"sorry. u didn't mention t

"sorry. u didn't mention the housing part. It's also listed there...but $125.00. I see what u mean about wanting the salvage piece. Anyway, at least they r the same. Ted
rain.gif
"

"After i posted the question i

"After i posted the question i went to look for the item on ebay and could not find it.do you remember where it is as i had a look and it was not there anymore.the auction had 4/5 days to go so i have lost where i had founf it ,can you help."

I looked this morning and did&

I looked this morning and did't see it. Maybe send El Pescador and email directly...he referred to it. Sorry

I am in need of a strainer hou

I am in need of a strainer housing for my AQ140. I was looking at the one in the Dougrussell diagram and it looks like it does not have the extra outlet for the oil cooler. I would buy it if I could be sure it had that. Hopefully it's not a dealer only part.

"Ian, there is no extra outlet

"Ian, there is no extra outlet for the oil cooler in the strainer housing. Water enters the strainer through the small elbow and after passing through the strainer enters the heat exchanger; and the water leaving the exchanger goes to the oil cooler.

Unfortunately and to the best of my knowledge, it is a dealer-only part."

"Thank's El Pescador, I al

"Thank's El Pescador, I already know my way to the Volvo dealer. Those guys we'll be on a first name basis with me here shortly."

Back