Logo

Repower 17 foot Shamrock inboard

P

Peter Kelly

Need 4 cylinder inboard engin

Need 4 cylinder inboard engine to replace original Inmar 4-cyl -- 181 cu inch engine for a 17 ft Shamrock.
Can anyone suggest where I can find this engine and what kind it would be?

" peter;Go modern,forget car m

" peter;Go modern,forget car motors get an outboard you will have a more efficient power plant easier and cheaper maint. better performance, better fuel mileage and a hell of a lot more room in that little boat,oh yeah a lot more manoverable-just better in every way Zeke "

" Peter,
I'm not that kno

" Peter,
I'm not that knowledgable regarding Inmar, but a 181C.I. sounds like a 3.0L GM. This engine should be redily available through any major remanufacturer for less than the price of a bracket to mount an outboard.

Jasper, ATK and Groom all come quickly to mind. All are reputable companies who will provide you with the product you need and a warranty as well.

If you were considering going outboard, buy a different boat. By the time you updated your controls, wiring, added a bracket, installed a new steering system, removed the old motor and transmission, removed the rudder and prop shaft etc. (I don't know where some people get these ideas)you would be too worn out to go boating. Good luck "

Back