Logo

1989 60hp vro oil

g7hej

"Hi last year i had my boat se

"Hi last year i had my boat serviced and only used it once, we dont no if the vro pump is working so we put 100:1 mix in the petrol, she was very rough running and seems to be oiling up. so i presume until we find out if she uses oil from the tank she is getting to much oil?
i started her up yesterday and left her running for about a hour, she was little up and down on revs (lumpy) and where we left her overnight there was a leak of oil on the floor smelt like petrol oil mix, i take it this is because she running to rich and oil build up in exhaust area?? so today going to run here with new petrol and a 50:1 mix, i cannot think of any other reasons for oil leakage.
happy new year graham"

"A little puzzled as to why if

"A little puzzled as to why if you think a 100:1 mix is giving too much oil you are going to try 50:1. That's twice as much oil (100:1 is only 1% oil, 50:1 is 2% oil)

HOWEVER 50:1 is what you should put in the tank until you have determined whether on not the VRO pump is working correctly.

But ... run it out on the water..... dont just leave it idling on muffs or what ever. Left idling, even a fast idle, for an hour is bound to oil things up and lead to oily puddles on the floor esp if the oil pump is working and you are pumping oil and using premix.

Just realised you said petrol , not "gas". Chilly up your way at the moment? Not too warm in Kent either. Minus 5C this morning locally I understand.

For good boating forums in the UK go to www.ybw.com/forums"

Graham mark your vro bottle wi

Graham mark your vro bottle with a texta where the oil level is and continue to use 50:1 in the fuel after a few hours you should have used approx 1 litre of oil from the vro tank and then uou will know if the engine is using oil

Back