Logo

Impeller kit for 1986 40 hp EL twin carb

kuntrywilli

I cannot find a impeller kit for my 40EL 6e9 L 426532 1986 mariner 40hp. It has duel carbs. Can anybody help me locate a kit for this?

Thanks
Willi

"try this kit [img][/img] have

"try this kit
have a safe holiday./

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/sierra_marine/catalog.html?[url]http://www.marineen gine.com/parts/sierra_marine/index.htm[/url]"

Thanks for the replies. So far

Thanks for the replies. So far every thing i have found does no lok like my pump. I have found some that my number shows a pump with 3 bolts. Mine has 4 bolts and so far I still cant find on that matches. I sure wish the pump top cover had a number on it. The yamaha one for the 86 40hp bolt hole patterns dont look like they are the same. i got my manual today but that dont help none.

Willi

My plate is missing and i got

My plate is missing and i got the number 426532 off a quarter size plug on the head. I might of looked it up wrong.
Willi

"The model year is 1986, and y

"The model year is 1986, and you appear to have a "C" model. The oil injection would have been the inline "autoblend" which is obviously gone, so should be mixing gas at 50:1.

Here is the Merc part numbers 84363T water pump kit (about 120 bucks) or just the impeller 47-99971M (about 50 bucks).

I don't recall if sierra ever made these parts (Cliff can check I'm sure), but I'm thinkin' this may be one of the parts you have to buy OEM.

Alternately as suggested, you may try a Yami dealer. Your motor is a carbon copy of Yamaha's own model 40 FEML which was in production between 1981 and 83 - so they may be able to help out and save you a few bucks..."

"Yes, the 40 "C" model

"Yes, the 40 "C" model Yamaha/Mariner was probably the most prolific of the entire line and yet Sierra didn't jump on board and make alot of parts - can't figure why unless it was a "legal thing"...."

Thank You Cliff and Graham for

Thank You Cliff and Graham for all your help. I did look at the 84363T and it does seem to match what i have. I will order one after the holida
ys.
So as i understand it I have a Model 40C and i guess this would be correct then.
40CE 6e9 426532

Thank you both again
Willi

Back